Headlamp Washers

Simon968

Reaction score
Can headlamp washers be altered so that they don't wash the first time the windscreen is washed when the lights are on?
I have read that other VAG cars can be altered so that they will only wash if the screen wash lever is pulled back for more than 1.5 seconds and also every 5th wash of the windscreen.

If this is possible, where in VCDS is the setting?

Having searched around the web, I've found this;

"In module Central Elect ., adaptation channel 6 one can change the duration which the washers run, channel 25 the time of holding down the washer lever after which headlight washers activate and in channel 26 the amount of washer lever presses required to activate the headlight washers."

I have seen reference to changing Channel 26 from 5 to 10, but there doesn't seem to be any explanation of how to stop the headlamps being washed the first time that the windscreen washers are used with the headlights on.
Also, there are reports from owners whose cars did wash the headlights only on the 5th pull of the lever having their cars software updated by Audi for some other reason, and then starting to wash on the 1st pull. I haven't found any posts where anyone has resolved this issue.