head units

neil ratcliffe

coupe rebuild master
Reaction score
hi friends as you know i had trouble with my headunit, been looking at these on ebay, sorry dont know how to put links up. these are the item no. your thought please.

thanks in advance.
nelly.

I saw these a while back, they look good, however just do a little searching on google for xtrons.. it was enough to put me off. I've had no experience with them personally but with the problems other folk have had id stear clear..

Just read ur stereo problem post. I had a very similar problem with my concert, it stopped working all of a sudden, nothing for about 3-4 days then out of the blue it worked again. I had this problem for a couple months. 3rd time it happened i noticed everything was getting a little lazy on the power front so i changed my tired car battery. Ive had about 8 months so far and no radio faults..

Just read ur stereo problem post. I had a very similar problem with my concert, it stopped working all of a sudden, nothing for about 3-4 days then out of the blue it worked again. I had this problem for a couple months. 3rd time it happened i noticed everything was getting a little lazy on the power front so i changed my tired car battery. Ive had about 8 months so far and no radio faults..

hi mate the problem still on going, ive fitted a 110amphr battery which is not very old, no starting issues. so thats why iam looking at replacing the headunit.

Reactions: jimbob79
I saw these a while back, they look good, however just do a little searching on google for xtrons.. it was enough to put me off. I've had no experience with them personally but with the problems other folk have had id stear clear..
hi mate thank you for your reply. ill give them a miss then.

Depends what you want it to do, I originally went for the Kenwood DNX 5240 over the RNSE as it ticked more of my boxes,although an old unit now it has sat nav by Garmin, DVD, Bluetooth and i have added the digital TV, pioneer also do some nice double din units.

Depends what you want it to do, I originally went for the Kenwood DNX 5240 over the RNSE as it ticked more of my boxes,although an old unit now it has sat nav by Garmin, DVD, Bluetooth and i have added the digital TV, pioneer also do some nice double din units.
hi mate it is really for the radio and the cd player, but the sat nav is a bonous, but would like to keep the info that appears in the dash display, give it the more oem look.

i went for a kenwood unit in mine does everything and didn't pay much more than them units you posted mate, a friend of mine went for one of them units and it was very slow and laggy

Reactions: neil ratcliffe
i went for a kenwood unit in mine does everything and didn't pay much more than them units you posted mate, a friend of mine went for one of them units and it was very slow and laggy
hi dan thanks for the reply. thik iam goint to hold out for a rns-e which is what i wanted to do in the first place.

I had an Xtrons unit in my old diesel avant and despite the fact it had lots of functionality it was crap. Sound quality was terrible and the touch screen was very slow and unresponsive.
I have a Pioneer SPH-DA120 CarPlay head unit in the S4 and its fantastic. It uses the apps from your phone for music and navigation.

hi dan thanks for the reply. thik iam goint to hold out for a rns-e which is what i wanted to do in the first place.

Yeh they are good units mate shame you could have had mine if you had wanted to do this about 7 months ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be stripping all mine out soon, including rear screens as since the Merc per chase the old B6 is just sat there!!!

Will be stripping all mine out soon, including rear screens as since the Merc per chase the old B6 is just sat there!!!

Rear screens in the headrest? Are they already in there would you sell the complete headrest I might be interested in these mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are the Veba screens mounted into genuine leather A4 headrests, I'm not 100% sure what tondo with the old girl yet but will give you the nod if it all comes out.

Reactions: D9n dk
Again if it all comes out yes as none will be any good for what will replace it, so I'll give you a shout.