Head unit wiring HELP!

Dioufy21

Reaction score
My android head unit stopped working earlier this week, I get power to the head unit but nothing appears on screen, I was going to put my original head unit back in (factory fitted) but when i looked at the wiring it didn't look that straight forward.

I have attached some pics to see if you guys could help me, what would be easiest way to get my original head unit up and running again.

Attachments

• 20160816_174914.jpg
    20160816_174914.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 209
  • 20160816_174929.jpg
    20160816_174929.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 216
  • 20160816_174924.jpg
    20160816_174924.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Cheers, mine doesn't look like that.. my A3 is a 11 plate?

I'm stuck what to do, I took it to a local auto electrician and he said the best bet was to go scrap yard & cut off another quadlock, he will re connect that to the existing but he would have to cut the wires

Wow, someone really butchered the stock wiring loom! It should be possible to match up the wires from the car and the remains in the quadlock socket, then reinstall them using new pins, so a new loom is not needed, but until that is all reverted to stock setup, your OEM head unit is not likely to work.

Edit: I just realised that some of the quadlock sockets may be missing from your plug - the auto electrician may have been speaking the truth!

Was the Android HU a professional install? I'm struggling to see the reason for butchering the OEM wiring loom to install a stereo though. I know I'm not being terribly helpful, but I'm lost for words :wtf:

Wow, someone really butchered the stock wiring loom! It should be possible to match up the wires from the car and the remains in the quadlock socket, then reinstall them using new pins, so a new loom is not needed, but until that is all reverted to stock setup, your OEM head unit is not likely to work.

Edit: I just realised that some of the quadlock sockets may be missing from your plug - the auto electrician may have been speaking the truth!

Was the Android HU a professional install? I'm struggling to see the reason for butchering the OEM wiring loom to install a stereo though. I know I'm not being terribly helpful, but I'm lost for words :wtf:

ha thanks!

Yeah it was a auto electrician place local to me, I obviously didn't know what they had done until i took the head unit out!

When i spoke to AE yesterday, he said it looked as if some of the sockets were missing from the quadlock was missing so going to a scrap yard was easier... I think i'm going to stick a OEM head unit next time :tearsofjoy: