head light upgrade for audi a3 8l

jonno123

Reaction score
Hi im looking to upgrade my headlights on the a3 as they are rubbish

i tried xenon headlight bulbs with 120 % more light

still crap

are the audi s3 headlights better will they fit ?

what are my options

Thanks

john

this is a fairly enormous topic jonno, and I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to sort you out,

but to answer a small detail of what you are asking- you won't really get S3 lights in an A3 format front end because the bumpers & wings are different...

JimP

You want facelift lights with HID's from em tuning @55w. That's bright shiz right there!!

so i can fit 8p head lights ?

how hard are they to fit ?

so i can fit 8p head lights ?

how hard are they to fit ?

No... different shape and everything...

They are what they are... if you have pre-facelift lights then you can fit face lift lights... these can be bought for 80 quid a pair from ebay... you can fit a HID kit (although its technically illegal) but the projectors on A3/S3 8L's are pretty dire..

You could craft in the projector units from another car potentially (S2000's are supposed to be fantastic) but its prob more work than most people are prepared to do...

<tuffty/>

S2000 projectors are buddy fantastic! But I bought TYC facelift lights and they're very good! Not the best beam pattern but mine are legal because of the headlight washers!

Tuffty - can you put a link up for them facelift lights for £80 as i can only find ones for £230 ish
Thanks

I was going to get some Depos but went for 2nd hand OE Hella ones in the end for £60 each and glad I did! They were badly oxidised but I followed the wet n dry method with a high cut rubbing compound afterwards and they came up like new!

Took about 2 hours to sand down properly and to get rid of all the stone chips / oxidisation but got there in the end.