Head light switch

Chris Parker

Reaction score
Just retro fitted xenon headlights into my a4 b7 avant now I'm not getting rear fog lights? every time I turn my rear fogs on my head lights come on or if my head lights are already on then nothing happens .
Iv replace my bcm module as the previous one couldn't be coded when the previous bcm module was fitted the rear fogs worked fine

I'm now getting a fault for the light switch with the new bcm module so I'm guessing I need to replace my switch to a different model would anyone know what part number I need ?

Or is there anyone on here thats done the xenon retro fit can tell me what the part number is on there headlight switch ?

My current one is : BK7 8E0941531 C 5PR
Thanks

I don't think on any car you can turn the rear fogs on without the headlights. Certainly not on any B7 I've ever had.

What's the fault in VCDS?

I don't think on any car you can turn the rear fogs on without the headlights. Certainly not on any B7 I've ever had.

What's the fault in VCDS?
Mine you can turn it to the side lights or headlights then pull the switch out twice for the front and rear fogs ,my fronts are working fine it's just my rears I cant seem to get working with the new bcm module

What's the code?

Is the bulb out?

Stranger things have happened

Have your changes all been correctly coded in as you will get problems if you havent done the coding properly.

From what I was told when I went onto the Ross tech forum all I had to do was go into adaptation -vin learning -enter code -test then save the changes then go into coding and change the fourth code from 0 to 2 so its 10021 which will activate the xenon lights with drl's