Head gasket ????

Moxy89

Reaction score
Just had my mot and oil change done and noticed a tiny oil leak, while under the car,

Oil leak is at the rear of the engine and is coming out the corner, garage suspect head gasket failure, are these common to go on these cars ? It's only covered 22k and a 62 plate ? What else could it be

Clean the area really thoroughly and then monitor it. Instead it might be a leak from the cam cover gasket and it is running down. Far cheaper to fix.

Are they common to go ? It's coming from back right of engine looking from the rear of the car

Reactions: S3Alex
Are they common to go ? It's coming from back right of engine looking from the rear of the car
Very uncommon.

Mine hasn't caused issues even at the boost I run.

Not to say it can't but unusual... it's not the rear cam cover breather leaking?

No idea pal, it's tiny little leak however proper annoyed me as I hate it when it's not perfect! It's barely covered any miles

Very uncommon.

Mine hasn't caused issues even at the boost I run.

Not to say it can't but unusual... it's not the rear cam cover breather leaking?
Would that be the left hand side back of the back engine. ( looking from the front )

Seems wildly speculative for the garage to jump to the conclusion that it is a head gasket – as suggested, I would clean the area and monitor it. Many non-critical neoprene engine gaskets have a small section needing some appropriate silicone sealant and a slight imperfection in the application of such a sealant is what I would guess on a car as new as yours. I assume the performance is fine and that you are not losing coolant?

Performance is bang on and not losing coolant, I'm hoping its turbo line or cam cover gasket! Car will be in pieces tomorrow

Would that be the left hand side back of the back engine. ( looking from the front )

Yes it would.

Got my sides swapped....LOL

Hopefully then just the cam cover leaking a bit.

Thanks Alex, hope and pray it's a easy cheap fix