head gasket?

dazza2393

Reaction score
Hi folks.i am a virgin audi owner and i love my little a3 1.6.however i am a little concerned.i have creamy stuff on the oil filler cap.the car runs perfect no overheating or power loss.also it is not using coolant.spoke to the garage and they said give it a thrash and get it hot and do a oil and filter change and observe for two weeks.what if headgaskets goes ss i was wanting to catch it early also is the creamy substance common on these cars?he mentioned that the alloy creates condensation hence mixibg with the oil.can anyone shed some light to a .worriedauidi newbie?cheers

If you're not losing water i wouldn't worry about it, pretty sure you can get a build up if you do lots of short journeys.

I put a bottle of steel seal in to just be on the safe side.£40 a bottle and highly recommended.

The only thing that should be in a coolant system is coolant... G12/water mix... the end...

All these 'rad weld' type additives have no place in an engine... they are not a fix for anything...

As mentioned... the smeggy stuff can appear from short journeys and is nothing to worry about if you are not using water... the garage is correct, condensation mixes with the oil and its goes smeggy..

<tuffty/>

Reactions: sportquattro