HDMI CABLES

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone recommend any online sellers of HDMI cables, i need a couple of 5m ones, i use a 42" panasonic smart 3d telly with 3d blu ray and cinema system all panasonic but am suffering with intermittent sound loss ( although only the odd word) i have been told it could the HDMI cables breaking down.

Interesting, my Sky box does this, just assumed it was a glitch with the harddrive, maybe I'll change the cable.

You could be right, i was only told it could be cable breaking down, i have to say it only seems to be when watching bbc or itv, when watching sky's channels like discovery etc it doesn't seem to do it, i will have to start making a note of when it does it.

What cable spec were you using? I think 1.4 is the latest for 3d, the higher the spec the higher the bandwidth. The only difference in hdmi cable is build quality so don't spend big bucks on one, £15 is the most I spend and that's for braided cable but you can probs get them for a tenner now.

Thanks for your reply
My cables are only cheap ones as a neighbour of mine has a ebay shop that is why i suspect they are the problem, do you buy yours online? If so any links?

as said above, you need the ones which are v1.4 which is for 3d ive just got some cheap £3 ones off ebay 3m ones for my panasonic 3d telly and they work fine, ive had expensive ones in the past and tbh cant notice a difference in picture quality from cheapies to expensive :)

as said above, you need the ones which are v1.4 which is for 3d ive just got some cheap £3 ones off ebay 3m ones for my panasonic 3d telly and they work fine, ive had expensive ones in the past and tbh cant notice a difference in picture quality from cheapies to expensive :)

There is no difference in picture quality at all and this is because the signal is digital rather than Scart etc. which was an analogue signal. When a signal is digital it transmits a 0 or a 1 so it either works or it doesn't but there will be no discrepancy in quality :)

The only difference in cables is the spec they are designed to and the build quality. You should always get the newest cable spec which is v1.4 atm and use your own judgement on build quality but as cables are rarely moved the cheap £1-5 ones should work fine. I just like to have braided cabling as the cables are on show in my setup.

Ahh right. my cables are all hidden. i was a home entertainment installer for 7yrs and was using all the highend cables with the systems i installed. but never saw the point in getting them myself :)

Ahh right. my cables are all hidden. i was a home entertainment installer for 7yrs and was using all the highend cables with the systems i installed. but never saw the point in getting them myself :)

Once my nan asked me to go around hers to see her new TV, she was excited because she bought it herself and doesn't like to bother me. When I got there the scumbag salesman had sold her a £120 Monster HDMI cable so the next day I drove her to the store and asked to see the manager. They were either incompetent at their job or knew that the margin was astronomical on those cables, I suspect the latter.

yea, every new telly you buy now they try and get you to buy there super duper gold plated cables, had a recent customer ask me if it was worth it and i said take it back and gave him one out of my van and said that will work just as well, tried it with me when i went looking for my new telly, told them to do one :)