HBA / Matrix lights first drive in the Dark.

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
Driving in the dark tonight for the first time and I can say these Matrix / HBA really impressed me.

The minute I left an area lit by street lamps the lights went to full beam, which is impressive as it lights up a rectangular area in front of you, when a car comes the other way you can see the lights adjusting to it instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3vans, Snake Pliskin, Terminator x and 3 others
Driving in the dark tonight for the first time and I can say these Matrix / HBA really impressed me.

The minute I left an area lit by street lamps the lights went to full beam, which is impressive as it lights up a rectangular area in front of you, when a car comes the other way you can see the lights adjusting to it instantly.

love mine - make driving at night a lot easier - difficult to appreciate how good they are until you’ve used them especially how they adjust to stop dazzling oncoming cars yet still maintain the high beam on the rest of the road.

Reactions: RS03??? and 8YARWY
Never gets boring watching the light show driving at night.

Reactions: Terminator x and RS03???
They can dance around a little too much at some times and I wonder what other drivers think your up to, also on dual carraigeways due to the armco they can sometimes not recognise a (maninly artics) as the lights are low (behind the armco) and the driver sits high

Very impressive, makes the beemer ones look crude by comparison.

TX.

old technology now A8 had them 10 years ago plus giving how Audi are now introducing the new digital headlight lighting systems to some of their cars... but all the same they're good at what they do cheaper now than what they used to be
Even available on Vx last gen Astra

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Dont think bmw done Matrix lights until they introduced the laser lights on high end models?
The M5, 2 and 3 all have auto lights that dip and undip, light up the verge etc when they see lights or a car. Not fancy like the matrix though.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
They're great but sometimes they stay on when they shouldn't. The odd time theres a car where you can't see their lights for the central reservation the car seems to struggle with this as well.

Reactions: RS03??? and Mike.46