hazard switch!....

Reaction score
hi guys!, my indicators on my s3 2000, stopped working but the hazards do,... so i replaced the indicator stalk an that didnt change anything, so now after having to rip apart my stereo to get the fasica off iv managed to get the hazard switch out, but just wanting to know, the code on mine is 8L0 941 509 H iv heard that these are around £40 from audi, but there are some on ebay just with the last letter being different e.g. insted of 'H' its 'D' OR 'F' etc etc.... are these the same things? can i get one with the different last letter and it will work!? any help would be appreciated as im dreading goin out driving with no indicators atm!

ta james.

I recently had the same problem, went to local breakers yard and bought one for £2 like you the last number or letter was different but mine works very well, so I don't think it matters to much as long as they look the same on the back ( connectors) hope this helps

The last letter typically represents a part revision (improvement) or something like a colour variation etc...

They are different between pre-facelift and facelift models

<tuffty/>

Should mention that this is a pretty common issue and it's likely the switch you get could suffer the same at some point... GSF and ECP sell the pre-facelift switches IIRC from around £30

<tuffty/>