Hazard Lights

Fozzie1960

Reaction score
I recall someone else reported the issue below, but can't find the OP.

Twice in the last week my hazard lights have come on while the car has been parked on my drive. The second time was 2.15 this morning, only noticed because I got up to go to the loo.

I recall someone else reported the issue below, but can't find the OP.

Twice in the last week my hazard lights have come on while the car has been parked on my drive. The second time was 2.15 this morning, only noticed because I got up to go to the loo.

I thought that was a result of the alarm having been set off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On both occasions the alarm was not triggered.

Afraid I don't know then... In the past I'd come back to my B8.5 doing something similar but I could usually tell that the alarm had been activated (normally by accidentally not turning off the internal sensors and the dog setting it off...).

Hopefully someone will be along with a better answer for you!

I am having the same thing! Although my alarm does sound at the same time! Always seems to follow heavy rain or when I am washing the car!

I am having the same thing! Although my alarm does sound at the same time! Always seems to follow heavy rain or when I am washing the car!

That link states that it's sourced back to the rear bumper sensor for using your foot to open the boot? TSB20457676/2 was the update that appeared to solve it.

To save having to read the majority of that thread (like I did), this is the important bit....

80-img_8687_ca79b776e8117fe209b3758d8ea3f7047351ef2c.jpg

Reactions: Daggerit
I can't remember if it was raining on the first occasion, but it was the second time.

It has happened to me once, my partner came home and said my indicator lights were going off but no alarm. Reset the locks and all has been fine since but I don't know if, when my car was in for it's gearbox failure, they flashed the ecu with a newer firmware..

Had this twice now in a month, hazards but no alarm. Spotted this thread via search, time to log a call methinks and quote that TSB #

That TSB is only for the US, however there is a similar one for the UK, so I was told when my car went in for the same.

Air con's packed in today too, hopefully won't be too many warm days between now and April which is the earliest Warrington Audi have any loan cars available.

Air con's packed in today too, hopefully won't be too many warm days between now and April which is the earliest Warrington Audi have any loan cars available.
Taking the proverbial that is mate. Bound to have a demo to loan you.

Lets hope the climate failure isn't down to a stone through the condensor...

Now have to endure a 160 mile, 4 hour day to get it looked at by Oldham Audi instead. Warrington are into May for courtesy car availability - avoid if you need them.

Reactions: Theonenonly
Now have to endure a 160 mile, 4 hour day to get it looked at by Oldham Audi instead. Warrington are into May for courtesy car availability - avoid if you need them.

I got my car from Oldham Audi, decent set up they have there.

I have 3 dealers on my doorstep all within a 10mile radius so I’m going to be spoilt for choice.

If there’s anything wrong with the car or even if it’s in for an oil change/service etc, are they supposed to give you a courtesy car?

Yep, for as long as I've not been running bangers, courtesy car is standard - no charge. You do have to wait a while longer but this is the longest I've been asked to wait for one for as far back as I can remember - 20+ years.

I've logged my concerns with Audi Customer Services but expect them to fall on deaf ears - customer service is a dying art it would seem.

Reactions: Theonenonly
Courtesy cars used to be free, but over the last year or so the dealers around here seem to be charging for them now. Really should be called rental cars if they are charging....

Audi charge about £20/25
Mercedes charge £25/35 depending on which dealer I use.

If your on a service plan or in for warranty / recall work then they are free.

How very Ryanair of them.

I'll watch out for that creeping in, we're just a cash cow, every penny they can extract is good for the shareholders.

Courtesy cars used to be free, but over the last year or so the dealers around here seem to be charging for them now. Really should be called rental cars if they are charging....

Audi charge about £20/25
Mercedes charge £25/35 depending on which dealer I use.

If your on a service plan or in for warranty / recall work then they are free.
It's not daily though and at the discretion of the dealership and I have never been charged once for any Audi courtesy car..

It's not daily though and at the discretion of the dealership and I have never been charged once for any Audi courtesy car..

Me neither, nor by any other manufacturer. On the odd occasion whereby a courtesy car wasn't available, I've been able to have the car collected from /delivered to home. Obviously this is not ideal if you only have the one car but it does mean your not stranded at the dealership.

Me either until my service last month but it’s been 2 years before that since I’ve been. Yeah it’s not daily and upto dealer, also not payable when on a service plan (which I think your on).

I’d be interested in hearing the outcome of this thread because over the weekend, my A4 Avant started doing the same thing. Hazards flashing continuously at random times.

It wasn’t raining on all occasions and I don’t have the under bumper boot opening sensor as has been mentioned in the Audiworld post.

Waiting for a call back from Audi centre, but I don’t expect anything constructive from them.

The outcome is that if Audi look at their TSB's for the car they will find one relating to this issue that they can apply. Unfortunately I do not have any further information on this, such as the TSB number or a copy of...

My dealership found it easily enough and applied the update whilst I waited...

It must be easy to find, as my dealer informed me of its existence. I was pleasantly surprised when they phoned me to say there was a fix for my hazard light problem.

Reactions: cuke2u
I guess we all live in some hope for something or other. Probably I should put the glass down now...

Last edited:
So, I tried to book the car in for diagnostics, to be told it would be at least 4 weeks before I could get a courtesy car.

Without another option, I booked it in anyway. After that, the hazard lights flashing became a real problem with neighbours complaining that they were going off all night and lighting up their bedrooms. It got to the point that I had to leave the car open at night, which I wasn’t happy about.

Ended up calling Audi Assist, who came out to the car, read the fault codes and advised I took it to the nearest Audi dealer from where I was at the time. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I got a courtesy car from Audi within half an hour, they looked at the car the following day and replaced a door sensor the day after. Problem resolved and I can now lock the car safe in the knowledge it won’t keep the neighbours awake.

Strangely, Audi also found that a fuel pressure sensor was faulty and replaced that at the same time.... Bizarre.

Mine had a software update for this yesterday, not had the full paperwork yet as the air con fault needs a part (pressure sensor) they didn't have but will update if there's any more info on the job sheet