Hazard lights/alarm issue..FIXED

Phil_H

Reaction score
lol...another issue I have!

I expect issues when buying cars from auctions, so here we go again :)

My alarm works but the flashes don't flash..and my Hazard switch doesn't work so I have no hazards? I've checke the fuse and its ok.

Hazard switch???

Any places to get them at a resonable price, apart from eBay?

Cheers

Last edited:
Do you drive the car or just buy and sell ?

Drive, I've bought quite a few cheap cars from auctions in the past, this is the most I've ever spent at Auction. But still I assumed there would be some issues, u don't see many 1 owner, low mileage minters at Auctions for a reason! :)

I've had an A4 B5 TDi before (old 90bhp one), and usually drive round in 15yr old bangers so this modern technology is new to me!

Any help appriciated! I have a big list of minor faults and slighty worse ones! lol

Cheers

hazard switch has probs gone think its £40 from audi

Oh..I'm not a car dealer if thats what u meen? I am on this Forum as an Audi owner :)

My day job is fixing Fast Jets ;)

That was my thought, might pop down the local breakers first see if there's one there to try!

Oh..I'm not a car dealer if thats what u meen? I am on this Forum as an Audi owner :)

My day job is fixing Fast Jets ;)
You never mentioned when driving so wondered why,hazard switch is the relay switch which will click randomly.
They are tops like Syvo said or less

My day job is making Jet Engines :icon_thumright:

:)

Cheers...

I don't do engines...unless its the wiring harness or "Engine" Control :) Rolls-Royce RB199 FYI

:)

Cheers...

I don't do engines...unless its the wiring harness or "Engine" Control :) Rolls-Royce RB199 FYI
:beerchug:
BR710,725,Trent 700,900,1000,XWB,Tay,E4 are our ones,we used to do the pegasus and nimrod also :(

Switch purchased from the local scrappy....£2

Hazards wrk...alarm flashers work

Result :)

my hazards works, but not my alarm flashers.

how would i go on about fixxing the alarm flashers?

thanks

Could be the hazard switch, I think most of the wiring goes through it.