Having car remapped again next week is it safe to run 1.88 bar ? Help please

TDI140

Reaction score
Having car remapped again next week wanting to know if tunning 1.88 bar is safe on stage 2 turbo dynamics hybrid when you ask them there lost and dont know anything so its pointless speaking to turbo dynamics about mapping, im having it mapped for a uprated clutch and will have that fitted as soon as it starts slipping so i can be sure of what clutch to order, next year plans i will get s3 cooler and hard pipe kit from darkside developments with EGR delete around a 5hour job they said so ill hang around there and drive back same day

basically want to know your views on having my car remapped to 1.88 bar and whether turbo is good for it as its running 1.82 bar at this moment in time

thanks in advance

I personally don't think you'll see much gains from 0.08bar of boost i'd leave it as it is tbh. Maybe look at it once you've done the work you want to do!?

I have a cr170 dpf I am in the process of fitting a egr delete, darks idea downpipe and Milltek exhaust and remap with this I should see 200-220hp this should be perfect I don't think I'll need hard pipes or a cooler. I just wanted mine a touch quicker as it's my daily car. I have my cosworth to go fast. :)

Turbo Dynamics may not know anything about mapping, but they should tell you at what boost they warrant the turbo to, so i'd speak to them again. As said, the extra boost is negligible, infact the boost control isn't that precise so it's essentially no different to how it is now.

Rick

Reactions: tdi-man
Turbo Dynamics may not know anything about mapping, but they should tell you at what boost they warrant the turbo to, so i'd speak to them again. As said, the extra boost is negligible, infact the boost control isn't that precise so it's essentially no different to how it is now.

Rick
darkside decelopment remap there gt1756 turbo to run 31psi which is 2.1bar with all my supporting mods thats very high boost, i gave turbo dynamics a call and thy said that people have ran 1.9bar to reach the estimated 240bhp but not got there max they have seen is 230-235 so ill be happy with that afterwards ill be getting s3 cooler next year and EGR delete will be bought and fitted before i have it mapped will post results after the work

Reactions: Adamj
they should tell you at what boost they warrant the turbo to, so i'd speak to them again.

Reactions: TDI140
they should tell you at what boost they warrant the turbo to, so i'd speak to them again.
i asked them if warranty will be void they said no if i mapped it to 2bar it is too high they say turbo could be perfectly capable of runnig. That but warranty is void so im going to try 1.88bar like you tdi-man

jonathaan ive said in an above post that i will have egr delete done before the map

is the allard and darkside developments one the same egr kit or is one better than the other also seen the cooler deleter plug darkside do so might get thats and turbo blanking plate aswel

You said you was getting it done next year?

And you getting a new map next week?

All im thinking is why not blank EGR off with a plate instead of using the kit, if its the same on the 140 as to 170 i have a EGR blanking plate i can send you.

Just go 2bar how would they ever be able to prove you ran boost over the warranty spec

2.0bar is too high its not the turbo blowing up its the hassle of returning it and then getting another off then then not counting the labour costs 1.88 is what ill try and then if the turbo is good with it and not over spooling might push it to 1.9bar when the s3 cooler is fitted, bigal did you have the darkside budget kit fitted ? Or is that another member ?

Also what EGR kit have people had fitted ?

thanks pal appreciate it, will orderdarkside one with cooler deleter and blanking plate for manifold donit next week before remap

You don;t need any kind of kit. You simply blank it off.
i want it to look nice and neat not just a blanking plate i want tge cooler removed and also blocked off from the manifold so i can get rid of the long metal egr pipe so darkside will sell me the complete kit also instructions to make sure its done properly

yep its me who had the kit fitted
thought it was you, just wondering your budget turbo kit contained the GT1756 turbo ? Which is pretty similar to my ine internally

not really mate hybrid is a lot smaller in everyway still inducer on yours should be 38mm exducer compressor 52mm
turbine inducer 43mm turbine exducer 38mm

mine is 41.5mm 56mm 50mm 41mm

makes a lot of difference you really need to go have a drive in a car with a darkside kit fitted

Compressor is 56 on mine thats all they told me lol i get what your saying though by hybrid is much smaller, my mate had ko4 hybrid on his s3 1.8t was 330bhp now just fitted GTX2871r turbo with manifold and inlet manifold with porsche 911 turbo fuel pump hes running 430bhp and will be remapping it soon as hes allowing turbo to run in

Wish i had just bought darkside turbo set up but. Not going to change turbos now too much hassle and unnecessary expense lol

are you going to be getting 1287 race injectors and s3 cooler fitted to yours ?