Have you tried this track to test your Sound System?

mrcndrw

Reaction score
Hey there,

New member to the Forum, with hopefully a helpful tip for you :)

I’ve read a few threads on the quality of the Sound System in the A4 (B8.5), not only the stock system but also the B&O setup (where folks had mentioned about the lack of Bass, well less than they might have expected).

I picked up my A4 only a few weeks ago (65 plate, with the standard sound system.) and pumped a few tracks through it, and well, I can say I wasn’t massively impressed. At one point I sat there and thought the Sub was crapped out.

Then I came across this track on Spotify and Bluetoothed it to the MMI -

Phaeleh ft Soundmouse - Afterglow

What a great test track! The Sub is definitely working fine (and not in a farty way). And you can still pick out the High End clearly.

Just thought I’d pop this in here, for folks to use as a test track for their system. It impressed me :)

I prefer this one to test my sound systems :D

Reactions: mrcndrw
Just out of curiosity, are there just the 2 sound system options in a B8/8.5? Stock and B&O?

Just out of curiosity, are there just the 2 sound system options in a B8/8.5? Stock and B&O?
@mrcndrw - Yes, correct
The official Audi title for the ‘stock’ SS is ‘Audi Sound System’ which has 10 speakers & a 180w sub
The B&O SS has 14 speakers & 2 amps producing 505w

Has anybody ever asked or provided a suggestion for the best settings for the standard sound system? With regards to sub, bass, treble etc

@mrcndrw - Yes, correct
The official Audi title for the ‘stock’ SS is ‘Audi Sound System’ which has 10 speakers & a 180w sub
The B&O SS has 14 speakers & 2 amps producing 505w

Cheers for that. Is the stock system by Bose, or is that me thinking about earlier models?

The track I mentioned above was also streamed over Bluetooth so the dynamics aren’t going to be of the same calibre as a track on CD or SD, but I was still pretty impressed for a stock sound system.

I have two favourite albums for testing sound systems: Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon and The Beatles' Abbey Road.

Has anybody ever asked or provided a suggestion for the best settings for the standard sound system? With regards to sub, bass, treble etc
I have two favourite albums for testing sound systems: Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon and The Beatles' Abbey Road.

Good choices. Let me pop those 2 onto an SD Card :thumbs up:

Reactions: jdp1962
I put together this little playlist on Spotify that seems to be good at giving the Audi Sound System a good run out...

But you might hate them.....and then I'd hate you. :)

I’m no spring chicken. I like a lot of different genres.

Who doesn’t appreciate Pink Floyd, and what’s the other band called? :welcoming:

Reactions: jdp1962
I always test a sound system with Eric Clapton unplugged - "Old Love", and "my Immortal" by Evanescence.