have you or have you not painted your calipers

NOZ

Reaction score
Just fitting. New EBC discs and green stuff pads all round and soon be adding. New wheels and i want to spruce Up my calipers, but as you know the pads have a green surrounding. And I don't want to paint the calipers green
Just wondering. What you guys would go for and would you use a caliper specific paint or good old hammerite?

Attachments

• IMG_20140323_121634.jpg
    IMG_20140323_121634.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 339
I hand-painted mine last year, with Hammerite. Not an elegant solution for the purists, but they looked good, and still do.

Before:
P1000380_zps14d4ec4e.jpg

After:
P1000381_zps5f602c46.jpg

With wheel in place:
P1000382_zpsd23e9321.jpg

Mine are same as jdp1962, except i used high temp silver and gave a nice shine.

I can think of many better things to do than paint my callipers
Like fix the 2 land rovers, work on the house, fix the poxy boat and drink beer!

Reactions: jdp1962
Just fitting. New EBC discs and green stuff pads all round and soon be adding. New wheels and i want to spruce Up my calipers, but as you know the pads have a green surrounding. And I don't want to paint the calipers green
Just wondering. What you guys would go for and would you use a caliper specific paint or good old hammerite?

No, :sadlike: not EBC discs loads of people have problems with them .

No, :sadlike: not EBC discs loads of people have problems with them .

I know it's not the subject but I have to agree, I had ebc grooved brakes and yellow stuff pads (supposedly race spec pads) and they where the worse set of brakes I've ever owned, as soon as they got warm they got worse?!?!? exactly!!!!

Never use them again!!!!!

As for the callipers I've been contemplating for years about painting mine but having a silver car and being abit more sensible I've thought about going for something the same as jdp1962, but just need a full dry day so I can do them properly by stripping them down and giving them a proper do over!!!

I have a red A4 and painted the calipers gloss red using some cheap paint from B&Q. Worked really well. Painted black last year and it just isn't the same, you really don't see them so will be painting back to red sometime soon.

I have the MTEC grooved and drilled with Mintex pads. I have had squeeling problems for the past year and not sure whether this is the disk grooves gathering brake dust.

I have the MTEC grooved and drilled with Mintex pads. I have had squeeling problems for the past year and not sure whether this is the disk grooves gathering brake dust.
Could be. I have the same set up; no squealing at all, but I know of others who've had the same as you. Always an element of chance in these things, I guess.

Reactions: bigrich690
ive decided to go with gloss black and some s4 anti rattle caliper clips anybody have the correct part number for these also in the next week or 2 some new boots 3SDM 0.1 Wheels then coilovers .......

just painted my rears today
new Mtec black drilled and grooved
and hi temp matt black spray
ill post pics when i have the time.

disk looks a bit dodgey paint not wore off yet also painted the **** plate aswell

I have a red A4 and painted the calipers gloss red using some cheap paint from B&Q. Worked really well. Painted black last year and it just isn't the same, you really don't see them so will be painting back to red sometime soon.

Squeaking breaks usually happens if the sticky pad thing on the pads have come off or worn off, if you take them out a slap a load of copper grease on them (not on the part touching the disc haha) and put them back, this may cure the noise