have I damaged the High Pressure Fuel Pump?

G

_G_

I was running on a knackered in-tank fuel pump for around 5k miles.. and only got around to replacing it recently.

My guess is the HPFP upfront would have been working harder than usual...

The car runs like it should now... fuel delivery seems good. No hesitation, no idle problems and no more hard starting! Woo hoo... but part of me cannot help and wonder... was the HPFP on its knees all that time??

The HPFP was under a lot of strain when I had an aggressive remap but I removed this not long ago so don't think it would have contributed to the demise in the long term.

Is it even recommended to replace the HPFP every 80k or something or should it last the life time of the car?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I cant see how the HPFP could be dammaged to be honest. Its only a simple contraption from what i have seen of mine. Ive got an Autotech HPFP ready to go in on mine, the only thing i can suggest checking if its been under strain is the cam follower. I think thats what its called anyway. Ive read the fitting instructions for the Autotech one and it suggests checking there is no wear. Maybe something to check if your worried about it.

Yeh good idea... I do have one knocking about. I last replaced it at 40k miles and there was no damage on it. I will check it out. Cheers

Reactions: BriggsJ