Have AWE touring exhaust, is it over 90db?

rcnacura

US Spec 8V
Reaction score
Heading to the track on Friday (Laguna Seca) and have AWE touring exhaust along with downpipe, but do you think its over 90db?

From inside the car I did a few WOT runs with the windows down and I could only get to about 72db, but outside the car is a whole different story.

Just hoping its not over 92 as I think I'll get kicked off the track. Was looking at those with the switch path exhaust and that was at about 100db with valves open, but the touring isn't nearly as loud/aggressive and I think they measured the sound a few feet away.

Don't know how far the track measures from the car to qualify the sound either. I think it's from the straight away and if the sound travels to the seating area.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just don't go full throttle during the test ;)

For reference, the dp and exhaust did not raise any red flags. Other Porsche GT3 and GT4 had to have their exhaust pipes point towards the driver side because they were def loud.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Second time out, I was flagged at 96db for a 90db limit. Basically during turn 5-6, put the car into 6th gear and slowly pass the sound booth. After a sound check, it was registering 89db. Its mainly the DSG farts that were causing the issue.

Reactions: vacant