Have any of you had experience with Audi approved used warranties?

TDents84

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

I own a 2009 A3 with just 25k on the clock and recently it's developed an annoying niggle.

If the car has been parked, even a short length of time, I hear, and feel, a very dull clunk as I move the steering wheel. This goes away as soon as the car is in motion but then occasionally comes back if I've stopped at lights and pull away whilst making a turn.

The car was bought as a used approved so comes with a two year warranty – great! – however, and here is my dilemma, as you may have read from other postings I am looking to replace the S Line springs very soon with an Eibach pro kit and my concern is that if I go ahead and get this work done, when the steering issue actually develops into an actual problem (likely in about 18 months time, just before the warranty is up) Audi will blame the issue on the new spring set up.

The clunk doesn't bother me too much and as it's not a major issue at the moment so it's unlikely that Audi will do anything about it if I ask them to take a look. (??)

** Question;

should I plump for the new spring set up now and just hope the clunk stays as is (or magically disappears) OR, have the car looked at by Audi and push them to sort it out - even though its probably fine, before having the Eibachs fitted.

Open to all your thoughts and musings.

Ta

Get Audi to sort it out before you do anything else with it.

Reactions: Jake 61
A very dull 'clunk' sounds to me as if it could be a broken spring or a spring not quite seated correctly, and turning on the spring platform?? At that mileage it's unlikely to be a top mount, although stranger things have happened!

Maybe have a look yourself, if competent, or get whoever you plan on getting to fit the springs have a quick look? It should be fairly obvious if it is. If it is the case, then the Eibach kit will remedy this. It may save the hassle of dealing with the garage you bought it from??

If there doesn't appear to be any issue with the springs then get the garage to fix it under warranty.

A very dull 'clunk' sounds to me as if it could be a broken spring or a spring not quite seated correctly, and turning on the spring platform?? At that mileage it's unlikely to be a top mount, although stranger things have happened!

Maybe have a look yourself, if competent, or get whoever you plan on getting to fit the springs have a quick look? It should be fairly obvious if it is. If it is the case, then the Eibach kit will remedy this. It may save the hassle of dealing with the garage you bought it from??

If there doesn't appear to be any issue with the springs then get the garage to fix it under warranty.

I had two top mounts changed on my 60 plate with 38K on the clock. . I changed to Eibach at the same time,. worth the change IMO

I had two top mounts changed on my 60 plate with 38K on the clock. . I changed to Eibach at the same time,. worth the change IMO

Oh nice, you've tied my two threads together as well! Eibach pro kit or sportline? And what dampers are you running? May as well ask whilst I've got you.

Oh nice, you've tied my two threads together as well! Eibach pro kit or sportline? And what dampers are you running? May as well ask whilst I've got you.

I ran the Pro Kit on standard shocks only dropped 10-15mm but I wanted the OEM look so that was fine with me , took all the bounce out of a flat road but way better control, used to hate the pogo stick up and down on the motor way lol, it was an S Line Quattro BTW