1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Problem Has they way you search the forum changed? Or have old posts been deleted/archived?

VAG-Slag Dec 11, 2018

1. VAG-Slag

VAG-Slag Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find I post I did a few years ago about intercoolers, however when I search for "intercooler" and posts by me there's only one search result... Which can't be right!?

Anyone got any idea what's going on here???

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

What you looking for? The search function has not changed. For your reassurance we never ever delete threads.

4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V8 Audi S5 S tronic

5. VAG-Slag

I'm looking for a post where I list the parts I used for my FMIC... And I would have posted it more than once over the years.

@voorhees I've tried a few different methods of searching for posts by me which include "intercooler" and the one you posted there hasn't come up in the search results...

The only results I get are this thread here, and one I posted not long ago:
    https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/b5-s4-fmic-suppliers-in-the-uk.379279/#post-3337480

Definitely something not right there...

6. VAG-Slag

7. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro Platinum Supporter S tronic Audi Main Dealer

I will take a look see.

8. Sandra

Is this what you looking for

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ebay-fmic-arrived.227334/#post-2296774

9. VAG-Slag

Sandra likes this.
  10. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

Yeah I've noticed the same tbh, a few times I've search for a post I made 12-24 months back and hit no results. I assumed the server/database had been changed.

Sandra likes this.
  11. Sandra

Older posts are archived. We have every single post since the forum started in 2003. If you know the title of the post it be easy enough to find.

V6_Man likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

I can't remember what I had for dinner last night most of the time, let alone the title of a post I made 12 months plus back lol :D

I normally think of what the post was about and do a word search! :)

Sandra likes this.
  14. VAG-Slag

So are you saying you need to search by the post title now? . . I can't for example just search for every post I've done with the word "cooler" in it?

Sandra likes this.
  15. Sandra

Yes you can still search using key words

VAG-Slag likes this.
  16. VAG-Slag

If that's the case then it simply isn't working... Still :-/

17. Sandra

I see what you mean. Do a google search with your username and a key word. There are posts on there that you posted on asn.

If you go to your profile page, click postings, it brings up all your posts as far back as 2011

I will look at the sites search function,

18. VAG-Slag

Any update here??? Searches still not working for me :worried:

Someone's private messaged me regarding a post I did ages ago about a reoccurring fault code (17748)... But I can't even find the post when searching for "17748" and posts by me...

I don't really know how it all works to be honest but surely there's someone from the forum provider or whoever runs the back end/server side that might be able to help?...

I fully appreciate this is a free service for me and you guys are giving up your free time to help but this issue is becoming a bit jarring to be honest. Is there anyone technical that might be able to help?

19. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

20. Administrators

Administrators Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Just one thought make sure the "search this forum only" isn't ticked

21. VAG-Slag

Hi, thanks for the reply... Only just seen it!

Right, what's very strange is I now seem to be able to search for 17748 and me, and it comes up... But if I go back to the example of "intercooler" and me:
    search.png

(In the main forum so "search this forum only" function not available)

The search only yields a few recent results:
    search result1.png

However from a few google searches I can find a good few examples where I've used the word intercooler, and there must be more:
    https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/after-market-side-mount-intercoolers.250359/
    https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/intercooler-advise.278141/
    https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/fmic.232910/
    https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ebay-fmic-arrived.227334/

Even if I go to the 8l forum where most of my "intercooler" posts would have been and do a search with the "search this forum" box checked:
    8l search.png

It yields no results, despite the examples above which are all from the 8l forum:
    8l results.png

22. VAG-Slag

And yea, that was the one he was on about but because I couldn't search for it I thought he was on about a different problem I had and have unfortunately now advised incorrectly :-/

23. MikeSel^

MikeSel^ Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Navarra Audi S3 quattro Manual

Perhaps needs reindexing @Sandra ?