Has anyone with spacers noticed this?

PNH80

Low life livin' the high life.
Reaction score
Alright folks...

I've got 10mm H&R spacers on the front and 15mm Eibach Pro spacers on the rear.
Due to me going on a long-ish journey this weekend with a passenger in the back and luggage i removed the 15mm spacers (they catch the arches with passengers) and swapped them for the 10mm spacers off the front. Obviously i now have no spacers on the front wheels.

I almost immediately noticed how much more responsive and direct the steering was without spacers on the car. Why would this be the case?! Does widening the track at the front end ****** up the steering response?
I'm thinking twice about putting them back on seeing as the car feels a lot better without them.

So has anyone else noticed this or is it just my car??

Paul.

can only comment on my old car mate ,had a 225 cupra R with eibach hubcentric spacers allround hate full and skittish on the road couldnt wait to put my oe alloys back on :scared2:

No, not just you...
It often can have an adverse affect of the way the car drives.

I never noticed it on my S3 but put dome 13mm spacers on my Fabia vRS and they lasted a week...much nicer to drive with them off, more nimble, more eager to turn in.

If you prefer the way it drives with them off, leave them off...they are only only for looks/fashion after all.

Cheers for that fellas. Just surprised 10mm each side made such a big difference, couldn't believe how much more nimble it felt without them.
Also, i live out in the sticks and this time of year the car is always filthy. Since fitting 10mm spacers on the front i've noticed it's worse. Dirt is fired up the side of the car and not caught by the arches.

I recon i'm going to go for some slimmer spacers instead and split the difference.
Don't suppose anyone has some narrower H&R spacers they fancy swapping for some 10mm ones?!

Be aware, 10mm is the smallest I've seen that are Huncentric.
5mm and 8mm are not...just shims, and they are a PITA to fit. I used to have to run 5mm to clear the brakes on a previous car...and they are a right royal, fur-lined, ocean going pain in the ***.

My advice would be either 10mm or nothing.

tried that as well to clear brembo brakes ,paranoid about wheel bolts and pot holes comes to mind.

yep even thought they are made of ally you can notice the difference,steering feels so light on courtesy cars I have used.

I need the buggers so I clear my calipers.