Has anyone used the Audi "Music Stream" app?

Connect is an option that can be added to the Tech Pack, so if no Tech Pack then deffo no Connect.
In the arm rest will be the AMI connector (standard on all models) you will only get the USB power outlet if you opted for the "Phone Box"
Hope this helps ;)

USB socket does come with connect as well, which was a nice surprise!

Clear as a whistle thank you! I was pussy footing around when ordering and left it too late to change order. Hence missed out :(

Lol me too! Ordered the tech pack but connect wasn't available at the time. Had already phoned and added Daytona Grey, Advanced Key and HHA so wasn't going to add anything else. Just wish the sales guys where better salesmen lol

Oh wow I didn't realise that! Nice surprise hey :)

Yep! I was annoyed that you couldn't spec Phone Box at the same time as Connect, as this is what I would want it for - wasn't bothered about the signal stuff (though it's a lot of money for a USB socket...). Spent the whole time trying to work out if I could retro fit the socket because my salesman had told me that the USB socket doesn't come with connect, so was great when I picked the car up, had a look in there while working out the AMI and saw the socket - bonus!

i have logged into MyAudi and nothing is showing other then the colour and wheels i selected. Im i missing something?

Yeah I put the VIN in. Interesting I just found this:

"By connecting a USB broadband modem (‘UMTS stick’) via the optionally available USB adapter cable to the Audi music interface, it is also possible during the journey to conveniently choose from numerous Internet radio stations and to enjoy listening to these live in the vehicle.As soon as a USB broadband modem has been connected, a wireless hotspot is available in the vehicle. Rear seat passengers can use their laptops, iPads or netbooks to conveniently access information and e-mails or to surf the web during the journey."

Audi connect services > Audi Worldwide

Which implies connecting a USB mobile internet dongle to the car will make it create a WiFi hotspot.... which also implies the WiFi capability is there by default..... the mystery deepens...

i have logged into MyAudi and nothing is showing other then the colour and wheels i selected. Im i missing something?

Nope - that's exactly what I get too. I don't think you'll see any other options unless you have Connect.

Maybe the tech pack computer includes the necessary hardware for WiFi etc, but they don't activate it or add the SIM card slot unless you chose connect?

Odd that's it's offering you a link to connect it on My Audi tho as that suggests Audi think they enabled it on yours.

Keep digging, we'll get to the bottom of it soon! Lol

Hmm yeah maybe I can find a way of screen printing what "My Audi" shows to see how it compares?

Also when I put the MMI onto the phone screen it shows me a "Messages" option, albeit greyed out? When I go into the bluetooth option screen and try to turn on messages it just tells me "can't connect" prob because I have an iPhone?

I thought "Messages" was a connect only thing? Can anyone confirm if they do or don't have this?

Dictation of text messages is connect, but you should be able to access them through the normal tech pack. Your phone needs to support the message access protocol over bluetooth though, so that might be the issue. I was able to read, reply to (using the touch writing or built in templates), delete messages before I activated connect.

From the research I've just briefly done, looks like it's another lack of support from Apple issue I'm afraid...

Hey found the hidden menu "engineering mode" in the MMI today, thought I would have a look to see it there was anything in there about WiFi.
There appears to be a lot of funky stuff inside but didn't want to touch any of them as I don't know what I'm doing lol.

Maybe someone with a bit more savvy would like to have a peek into this?

There are various mentions of Satnav, google maps etc. So clearly we have a lot of features in the car we are not able to see. This may also be where SD sat nav is activated?

Lol found a vid on YouTube

http://youtu.be/CJaWvmZOIXU

Only thing is it doesn't show you how to get out of it! I ended up turning the car off and walking away, came back 10 mins later and it had gone phew lol.

Please note I am not to be held responsible for anyone messing up there cars ;)

But will be really interested to know what you find! :D

Google Maps is a connect thing (well, Google Earth anyway) - it gives you the option of putting satellite pics over the sat nav maps

Google Maps is a connect thing (well, Google Earth anyway) - it gives you the option of putting satellite pics over the sat nav maps

Yes you need the data connection to use it. But as I don't have connect obviously the software is hidden away in there just restricted from our view ;)
So I wonder if that's where the WiFi setting is hidden? Also like I say it could be where people might be able to activate SD navigation to avoid paying the £600!

Where is NHN when you need him, he knows all about this kind of stuff ;) I think what is needed is someone to translate what the techie names are that are used in the menu and translated into something people like me can understand lol

I would imagine sat nav activation will have licence keys involved rather than a simple hidden on/off switch unfortunately! I'll have a look at this tomorrow... wasn't that clear from the video but it looks like you press the top left control button and the back button at the same time and hold them down until it appears?

I would imagine sat nav activation will have licence keys involved rather than a simple hidden on/off switch unfortunately! I'll have a look at this tomorrow... wasn't that clear from the video but it looks like you press the top left control button and the back button at the same time and hold them down until it appears?

Yes that's right, hold them down for a few seconds. But be warned its not obvious how you exit the menu. I ended up turning off the car locking it up and ran away hiding behind the sofa for 10 mins hoping it will be gone when I get back lol

I've seen a few service menus like that where you have to turn the ignition off and on to exit it, think that's quite normal

Back to music stream, I don't understand why this is a phone app. I don't want to be fiddling with my phone while on the move, I want to be able to manage it through the MMI - surely that's far more sensible? I think the A1 and Q3 do this

Back to music stream, I don't understand why this is a phone app. I don't want to be fiddling with my phone while on the move, I want to be able to manage it through the MMI - surely that's far more sensible? I think the A1 and Q3 do this

You only need to start the app running. Once running it will give you (almost) full control via the MMI. If you are listening to Internet radio it will only give you access to your stored favourites, but these you can program directly on your phone while you are sitting at home and your Mrs is making you watch Big Brother.

As for music it gives you full control with album art of music stored locally on the phone, because I use iTunes Match it won't show me music I have in the cloud.

whats the App you are talking about?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379053470998942

It's called "Music Stream"

Got into the engineering menu today, but you can't change anything there it seems - only look at information. It's all pretty boring, and I couldn't get out of it again either! Going back down in a bit to check that it's gone away :p

Got into the engineering menu today, but you can't change anything there it seems - only look at information. It's all pretty boring, and I couldn't get out of it again either! Going back down in a bit to check that it's gone away :p

Oh can you not change any values in there? I have seen people on forums talking about activating it via VCDS (or whatever it's called lol) but I thought this was just to make it appear?

Lol yes I turned the ignition off, turned off the MMI, got out the car and locked it got back in, none of this worked for me. But running away and hiding behind the sofa to think about what I had done seemed to do the trick ;) went back 10 mins later and all back to normal :D

Oh can you not change any values in there? I have seen people on forums talking about activating it via VCDS (or whatever it's called lol) but I thought this was just to make it appear?

Lol yes I turned the ignition off, turned off the MMI, got out the car and locked it got back in, none of this worked for me. But running away and hiding behind the sofa to think about what I had done seemed to do the trick ;) went back 10 mins later and all back to normal :D

I didn't seem to be able to change anything, no. I suspect you have to wait at least 10 mins for the menu to disappear as that is how long the MMI stays powered up for after you turn the ignition off I think. Could be something to do with that.