Has anyone used non genuine B7 wings??

romplex

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my two front wings as i am gonna get my b7 resprayed and being in the north of Scotland the roads are lashed with salt every winter, the front wings are starting to bubble quite badly now, and i am wondering if anyone has used the non genuine ones on eBay or from somewhere else and how they fitted.

Yes, after an accident the insurance company chose a non-Audi dealer who fitted and resprayed a new wing. 3.5 years on it started to rust horrendously. Turns out it wasn't a genuine wing so bought a second hand one off ebay and did a deal with the bodyshop who cleaned it and resprayed it. Unfortunately they knacked up my front bumper settings.

I had it done a week ago as my front passenger side has started to be eaten up by rust. Bought one from ebay for £35 delivered what a steal..
It was a pain in the **** to be fitted tho. initialy I thought its going to be a piece of cake, held on by a couple of screws.. oh boy was I wrong...
Ended up with a 5 hours of cursing,blood and sweat.. but after all done.
A bit of advivce get some replacement screws for the wing,front bumper and side skirts, as when you start removing them (You'll have to in order to remov/instal the wing) you'll find that the original audi screws /torx are gonna be seized,damaged,lost etc.

tho back to ur question: I bought a genuine one for a good price, not sure if i would take a risk with some imitation but its all up to you.

Yes as i thought, best to get genuine parts me thinks, my cousin who is an experienced mechanic warned me off the cheap oem stuff, as he said it never fits properly, just a shame that there so pricey, guess ill have too keep an eye out for that £35 quid deal! :)

Definitely a false economy. Presumably, the OEM wings will be galvanised.

ehm, NO! this was one was galvanised,genuine wing. what I forgot to mention it was on sale from £90 down to £35. never asked why just ordered one as soon as they confirmed its the right part/panel.

ehm, NO! this was one was galvanised,genuine wing. what I forgot to mention it was on sale from £90 down to £35. never asked why just ordered one as soon as they confirmed its the right part/panel.
Sorry, Tom, my comment about false economy wasn't aimed at your post about the wing you bought, as you made it clear yours was an OEM part. I was talking about the non-genuine part the original poster was asking about. :beerchug: