Has anyone used bg244 diesel additive in their 2.0tdi?

Gates

Reaction score
As above really, I've heard it's really good at cleaning the engine out and would it be worth me putting some in my tdi 170 to clean everything up.

I used it for the first time a few weeks ago. Currently used half of the tank. I'd say there's been a slight difference, seems quieter on idle. Think I'll flush another through in a few months as I doubt my car ever had it done before (only bought in October).
I'd say go for it, no harm in it. I also posted a discount code in a thread about EGR cleaning a few weeks ago that was an extra 10% off if I remember correctly.

I've just ordered some so I'll give it a go when it turns up :)

This is interesting, I've just been looking at these kind of treatments. Let us know how you get on. I had been looking at
Forté Advanced Formula Diesel Treatment as it seems popular with the MK5 Golf TDI owners.

I've used it my TDi 170 quattro and it made a significant difference (quieter, more responsive and mpg a bit better as well)

Hi chaps

i have just put some BG244 into my 2.0 TDI
fairly quickly ( within a few hundred miles ) i noticed a quieter idle and a smoothness to the engine, also i am sure i get less of a kickback of blacksmoke that sometimes happens with these engines.
for £20 you cant go wrong

I don't do many miles as I'm only 15 minutes from work, and I'm finally getting nearer the red zone and I have to say the engine responsiveness has definitely increased and I'm not sure if it's the few degrees warmer weather since I put it in but MPG has gone up a few miles too. All in all, great product.
Will definitely order another in a few months.
BTW 2.0tdi 170 engine here.

where can i buy the Bg244 for my 2.0TDI? i live in Sweden tho it seems they dont have it here :S:S:S:S:S

How do you use this, do you simply run your tank down, and add this product before you top up again ?

How do you use this, do you simply run your tank down, and add this product before you top up again ?
Yup, it's as simple as that. Empty the tank and throw it in. Make sure you empty the can fully though, it's not a can of coke. Each drop is precious! :D

just ordered mine, so going to give it a whirl. 128,000 miles on the clock of my A4 now, so ever little helps.

just ordered mine, so going to give it a whirl. 128,000 miles on the clock of my A4 now, so ever little helps.
Mine is at 126k and I definitely noticed a difference. Better pick up and better economy compared to a month ago