Has anyone tried the N75 upside down?

quattro rob

Reaction score
been on a few other furoms and ppl say if you turn the n75 upside down so the larger pipe is facing up not down it will increase boost is this so and has any 1 tried it, i was thinking of giving it ago lol thanks

Wouldn't that just cause the N75 to run faulty and therefore overboost? Which is why it would increase boost?

I've tried this on a Revo'd Mk4 Golf & yeah your car will go like stink as it will give no boost to full boost & nothing in between.

Put simply.... don't do it.... especially if you have to ask why!!!

<tuffty/>

it's a really f**king daft idea thought up on UKMKIVS, but some muppet who doesn't understand how the N75 works.

By fitting it 'upside down' you're basically bleeding the air that SHOULD be pushing the actuator open straight into the TIP.

No wonder it results in higher boost. you may as well not run any feed to the actuator at all.

it's a ****** daft idea, and removes all ECU control.

Last edited by a moderator:
my above post sounds a little sh*tty towards you Rob, it wasn't meant to be that way at all! I just can't believe that some people encourage others to do this, without understanding exactly WHY it results in more boost....

]based on your spec in your sig, if you're after more power, you'd be best off getting a downpipe and going for a stage 2 map.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure wouldn't advise doing this. I only did it to see what happened, & my Revo mapped Mk4 quickly went into limp. (Max torque limit exceeded). I think this idea started with people buying N75J valves for their AGU engines. The N75J valve has the connector on the other side to N75C, so i'ts a bit of stretch to get the plug in, & someone must of mistakenly put it on upside down.

Some self moderating on the language is appreciated please guys.

As you we're. :)

Ok then. That should be 'were' instead of we're.

Unless you are suggesting that moderators are just like the rest of us (as you, we are)!

Now... where's the pedant smilie?

Ok then. That should be 'were' instead of we're.

Unless you are suggesting that moderators are just like the rest of us (as you, we are)!

Now... where's the pedant smilie?

OK smart ar5e, I was referring to swearing and not spelling, are we clear on that front? :):):)

And it's smiley, not smilie. :moa:

Hi there one of my mates done this (fitted the N75 valve upside down) on a mk4 golf 1.8t ,it boosted alot higher but afew days later he had a warning light on the dash so i didnt try it out on my a3 1.8t.

I found that Awesome gti sale a ECS race N75 frequency valve for VAG 1.8t car , Average boost gains are 1-3psi over the rev band.

and the best thing is no warning lights or errors code

Awesome Product Code:
EN-ECS-VALVE-N75

I found that Awesome gti sale a ECS race N75 frequency valve for VAG 1.8t car , Average boost gains are 1-3psi over the rev band.

and the best thing is no warning lights or errors code

Awesome Product Code:
EN-ECS-VALVE-N75

ive seen this valve too, i think i may have read this on here somehwere before, that the 'race n75' that awesome sell is just an n75j valve, nothing special

i was also told by a technician at jabbasport that the n75j valves are a false economy, they are off the older a2 and work at a lower frequency than our standard n75 valves, the 'j valve' will just cause the turbo to spike higher but is not good for your engine, he was getting quite irrate at the thought of so many people using the j valves and believes its a forum myth that it is better to use one rather than your standard n75, thats what he said anyway, im defo no expert so nodded and smiled :)