Has anyone tried a ballast repair kit on a xenon head light????

Troubs12

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
PHP:
Hi guys long time no post just a quick question if anyone's tried it I've got a faulty ballast on my passenger side xenon headlight I was just wondering if one of those ballast repair kits or a ballast from a hid kit would do the trick? Has anyone tried it or do you think I should go to my local dealer and spend £300+ any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated

Are you 100% sure its the ballast and not the bulb?

As Robin says, could be either - even checking with VCDS doesnt always help. I got my Bi-xenons off ebay but they sat for few months before I fitted them & one didnt work. At least I had the option of swapping parts about to test as bumper was still off. I got a new bulb of ebay, didnt fancy dealer prices!

Hi guys I'm 99% it's the ballast I've swapped from left to right and the problem moves across I just saw a ballast repair kit on eBay and wondered if anyone had tried one i thinking I might have to be a guinea pig

Whats the repair kit consist of, link, as cant really advise without seeing that 1st.

Not sure if they have capacitors inside, if they do then steer clear, I got a hell of a bolt of a cap inside a poxy ixus camera years back, couldnt believe it at 1st from such a small item, unreal lol, however tonite gave me an idea to revise my folding mirrors mod, whooppppeeee

thats the one i was thinking of to be honest i might have to bite the bullet i dont fancy no wipers it rains quite abit down south haha

hids4u.co.uk do the ballasts iirc.

I can check price for you, what year is the car.

Sorry for the late reply just had to put a set of original lights in for the time being and code them up it's an 04 plate not sure on the audi part number but the manufactures number is 1307329066 Just opened it up to double check and see if I can see any burnt out spots, on a plus side I know it's the ballast now just miss my xenons haha