Help Please Has anyone removed the rear folding seats in an avant?

pav911

Reaction score
As per the title really. I'm struggling to find any instructions on the internet specific to the folding seats on an avant. there are a few about the fixed seats on a saloon, but these instructions don't work.

thx

Hi Pav911,

What year/model avant is it that you're enquiring about?

Yes I'm sure its the same process as for my B8 Avant.

Starts with removing the lower bench, This involved finding where the clips were and giving a really good tug. IIRC there was one big clip per side. Also remove the isofix plastic before you attempt this.

I think the process for the rear split seat is that it has a torx bolt holding down a central bracket - if you ge tthe correct angle with the seat folded partially it makes it easier to see, this needs removing and then each side of the bench will lift out.

Chris

Reactions: pav911
Yes I'm sure its the same process as for my B8 Avant.

Starts with removing the lower bench, This involved finding where the clips were and giving a really good tug. IIRC there was one big clip per side. Also remove the isofix plastic before you attempt this.

I think the process for the rear split seat is that it has a torx bolt holding down a central bracket - if you ge tthe correct angle with the seat folded partially it makes it easier to see, this needs removing and then each side of the bench will lift out.

Chris

Thanks. I’ve found a few snippets of info here and there that suggest that’s the way to go. Will have to wait until the weekend for daylight to give it a go.

As above you remove the bench part first. The bench is secured in my 2008 B8 by the plastic surrounds that the isofix mounts clip into.
The same as this.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4...-removing-fixed-rear-seat-audi-a4-b8-2853606/
The article above is for a fixed rear seat but the bottom part is the same as an avant.
To remove the back piece of the seat there is a torx bolt in the centre hinge securing plate. Fold both back seats down and in the centre of the seats at the bottom you will see a plastic cover. Remove this and then you will see the torx screw that holds a plate that secures the centre mount. Remove the screw and plate.
The drivers side of the rear seat contains the centre belt mechanism so you need to undo the seat belt anchor point for the centre belt it's 17 or 19mm.
Now the slightly tricky bit you unhook the centre mount from the securing bracket and wiggle the back part of the seat out. Do the smaller passenger side first.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4...d-pics-tips-removing-rear-seat-avant-2372104/

Reactions: pav911 and CHEZ
thx everyone. gonna give this a go when I get some time during daylight hours.

so I've managed to get the hinge securing plate off and got the centre mounting out, but no amount of wiggling is getting the other side of the seat out.

There is a knack to getting it out, took me a while first time. When you get it out you will see why it's a bit tricky. There is a step in the pin on the car that the metal plate in the seat catches on. You need to lift the seat back slightly to take the weight at the door end of the seat and try and pull the seat back out as straight as possible . If you lift it too high or not enough the edge on the outer pin catches on the hole in the seat.

There is a knack to getting it out, took me a while first time. When you get it out you will see why it's a bit tricky. There is a step in the pin on the car that the metal plate in the seat catches on. You need to lift the seat back slightly to take the weight at the door end of the seat and try and pull the seat back out as straight as possible . If you lift it too high or not enough the edge on the outer pin catches on the hole in the seat.

Thx

27c7a0527ac024b89937d7770e48a607.jpg

Finally got them out. I’ll take a pic of the pin tomorrow. Thanks for the tips desertstorm.