Has anyone removed a plug from the ECU ??

batty

Reaction score
I'm having a sneak preview of how to fit cruis control & I need to remove the plugs so I can add some extra wires.

The problem is I can't remove these nuts, so I can remove the steel retaining cover which keeps the plug from coming loose.

The nuts seem captive on the top & I can't get access to the screw head from underneath. It may even be that the underside nuts are spot welded to the steel frame.

Can anyone help ???

The steel retaining cover with the strange nuts, does not exist in 2001 S3-TT Models. I think these appeared on the 2002+ models...There should be some way around this problem. I will ask around & inform you if i find something important.

Nikos.

Pesky Audi Security bolts !!!

There must be an easy way to remove the ECU. How to AMD, Stealth, etc. do it when retro-fitting cruise. Surely the warranty isn't invalidated by doing this.

My car was registered in May '02 - chassis no. 8L221016985.

Has anyone unplugged the ECU of an '02 S3 ??

i read somewhere that they need to be drilled off.... but sorry cant remem where i read it

Yep, pretty sure they will have to be drilled out!

Rich

finally got round to drilling them out tonight.

- it's all a bit nerve racking. Made sure all the metal swarf was carefully controlled & removed. Will worry about the possible warranty problems later.

- haven't fitted the cruise yet, still waiting for more info for the extra loom for the engine bay.