Has anyone here installed error free canbus H11 LED bulbs that haven't given an error!

Crossmax

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Am interested in changing my fog light bulbs to LED but don't want the whole error situation cropping up, I have tried other so-called error free bulbs in my car but they never seem to work. Has anyone out there ever installed H11 bulbs that have not given an error code, what brand where they and where did you get them?

Thanks
Peter

Unfortunately Peter, the answer is "yes" We all have tried to install so called "error free bulbs". Some companies might work so it doesn't cause any error on the dash and with other's had to use load resistor.
Non of the solutions will get rid of the bulb flash every 30seconds as computer test all bulbs.
I'm flashing from every corner so it doesn't bother me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Crossmax
Hey Kris...I recently tried installing error free canbus reversing bulbs on my avant, did not show an error on the dash but I was wondering why the lights flickered every so often!

Peter

I've got leds in reverse, fogs and number plate. All should be error free and they do not show any dash malfunctions, so good.
I've installed load resistors with previous fog bulbs so extra load is there.
Number plate leds I've been claiming don't flicker but I drive with Auto lights on and they've been on all the time so haven't noticed they also flicker when off.
Basically, my car flicker like fuzz and I don't care
It is caused by car's computer as it checks all bulbs with short current. That test on normal bulb will not lit it up and still prove to it that resistance of a bulb is there. If it isn't, it'll throw a message on dis that there is a problem with particular bulb.
It should do it every 30seconds.
There is no cure for that.

Read somewhere in this forum, that guy wanted to install an RS6 bumper to he's Sline A6 and wanted to totally disable and remove fogs. He managed to do it via vcds coding but it totally disable them.

I installed led sidelight bulbs on my e46 m3 and the only way to stop the error appearing was to go into the code and turn off the system check for the bulb.... not sure if the same thing is possible on the a6?

You might find LEDs that don't give errors, but I think that they will still flash every 30 seconds when the car does its self check and I don't think that can be turned off.

Hi Simon. Have done a bit of research online and it seem it cannot be switched off...ah well will just have to stick with bog standard bulbs!

Have to confirm above.
Had Alex from Vac Car Coding (forum sponsor) doing some changes to my cars mmi and I asked him to code out bulb checks. It simply cannot be done on my car and suspect on many if not all from C6 facelift version.

I've just replaced rear indicator bulbs and they also have hyperflash but no dash error.

Have to live with it

First world problems Kris.....oh the humanity!!!

Reactions: KrisKrk