Has anyone have experience with these aftermarket led headlights?

Attachments

• IMG_20210714_165716.jpg
    IMG_20210714_165716.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20210714_165754.jpg
    IMG_20210714_165754.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 99
Ye with yours on 245/35/19 and without bodykit , mine is lower min 15mm all around than yours. My front splitter adds over 20mm.
I don't want to mess around with shockers or springs as all are perfect .. When I replaced springs only, on y old A3 2011 bumps and humps were harder...
Well they were cheapest from ebay haha :D red
By the way I have purchased dynamic led lights front and back on aliexpres, but the shell is thick can't fit it under the wings front
And on the back no idea where would I fit them
But they refunded 70%

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210714_173335_com.android.gallery3d_edit_6498654282862.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714_173335_com.android.gallery3d_edit_6498654282862.jpg
    413.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20210714_173410.jpg
    IMG_20210714_173410.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Really don't understand why you would have to put orig lights back on before MOT?? Looks like the person where u go knows too too much about audis particularly :D And gets picky :D Since I retrofitted, the garages has absolutely no idea what type of headlights car meant to have ...
You do have a sticker and on some headlight is printed on plastic like a number that tell them if they are ITP/MOT/TÜV compliant
They can definetelly see. That's the only reason I don't buy these. I have a friend who bought AKD for A6 and he was pulled over in Germany for a normal checkup. He had to go through TÜV again because they saw they are not original. For A6 they look exactly the same as original but they still checked because the police guy said "they look to bright" and he was right. Over 4000lm right at the beam which is above the law

Reactions: Herc88 and ZeA38VSport
You do have a sticker and on some headlight is printed on plastic like a number that tell them if they are ITP/MOT/TÜV compliant
They can definetelly see. That's the only reason I don't buy these. I have a friend who bought AKD for A6 and he was pulled over in Germany for a normal checkup. He had to go through TÜV again because they saw they are not original. For A6 they look exactly the same as original but they still checked because the police guy said "they look to bright" and he was right. Over 4000lm right at the beam which is above the law
Man I never experienced an MOT mechanik goes through some headlight types or moel numbers! What they want to see is, if the headlights all bulbs working all indicator bulbs blinking ! rears too, the wheels are correts , brakes , exhaust ok , emmissions, no holes under car. If they see car from 2013 and up they absolutely not doing crazy deep inspections as they know cars with EURO 6 are new cars and not much going wrong with them like older cars. When I had last MOT I was stood and was watching mechanik carried out MOT he didn't even stick emmisions sensor into exhaust ..
The police guy was naive boy too picky dude... New cars has crazy LED lights from factory especialy those SUVs and no any cop stopped them ! or complained ! Police guy is then picky if u try go against him if anything occurs or stop you for other reason... What u have to do is everything agree what cop says and have intelligent chat and make a ''friend'' from him and he will cancel even tickets then .. policeman has nothing to do with what u have on your car. Only your insurance company.

Last edited:
Hi new here :friendly wink:, I have a couple of questions regarding this headlighst: do they have leveling motors?, does the DRL brightness dim when turn signal is on or when low beam is on? do they require the bulbs or have integrated light modules? Thanks

Hi new here :friendly wink:, I have a couple of questions regarding this headlighst: do they have leveling motors?, does the DRL brightness dim when turn signal is on or when low beam is on? do they require the bulbs or have integrated light modules? Thanks
Yes the lights have leveling motors/mechanism.. it sort of auto levels every time when you start the car, with lights moving fully up then fully down then back to set level. I had Halogen original so i also have range control switch. The Dipped Beam leveling responds to the switch setting.
There is no DRL when turn signal is On, I have not noticed any dimming effect other than that.
I don't know if it has Integrated modules or changeable bulbs. There were 1 or 2 screwed on panels at back or under side of light that may lead to bulbs but there was no such indication and I didn't inspect it for that so can't say.

Reactions: markland21
Yes the lights have leveling motors/mechanism.. it sort of auto levels every time when you start the car, with lights moving fully up then fully down then back to set level. I had Halogen original so i also have range control switch. The Dipped Beam leveling responds to the switch setting.
There is no DRL when turn signal is On, I have not noticed any dimming effect other than that.
I don't know if it has Integrated modules or changeable bulbs. There were 1 or 2 screwed on panels at back or under side of light that may lead to bulbs but there was no such indication and I didn't inspect it for that so can't say.
I see, yeah just saw a video from their page and DRL turns off to light the amber turn signal. BTW did you upgraded from halogen or from xenon? right now I have basic xenon (with no AFS) and would like something more bright.

I see, yeah just saw a video from their page and DRL turns off to light the amber turn signal. BTW did you upgraded from halogen or from xenon? right now I have basic xenon (with no AFS) and would like something more bright.
From Halogen
Same light also available for changing from origin Xenon, same price as well.
I don't know how brightness compares to A3 8V Xenon or OEM LED light but I have BMW G30 and this light is much brighter than factory lights on that BMW.

Reactions: markland21
Man I never experienced an MOT mechanik goes through some headlight types or moel numbers! What they want to see is, if the headlights all bulbs working all indicator bulbs blinking ! rears too, the wheels are correts , brakes , exhaust ok , emmissions, no holes under car. If they see car from 2013 and up they absolutely not doing crazy deep inspections as they know cars with EURO 6 are new cars and not much going wrong with them like older cars. When I had last MOT I was stood and was watching mechanik carried out MOT he didn't even stick emmisions sensor into exhaust ..
The police guy was naive boy too picky dude... New cars has crazy LED lights from factory especialy those SUVs and no any cop stopped them ! or complained ! Police guy is then picky if u try go against him if anything occurs or stop you for other reason... What u have to do is everything agree what cop says and have intelligent chat and make a ''friend'' from him and he will cancel even tickets then .. policeman has nothing to do with what u have on your car. Only your insurance company.
Well, german police officers are way to strict. And maybe you didn't see your mechanic looking but they do look when they open the hood.
Secondly, the new LED/Matrix are not brighter. They are wider but not brighter. They don't exceed 2000lux. Their advantages is that from side to side is all hot spot, not like Xenons or Halogen with bleed light pattern. That's why they seem brighter.
When I do TUV they measure the light output same time as light pattern and alignment.
At least in Germany. Also Romania.
My brother didn't past TUV because his washer fluid was to low. When is almost empty, the water doesn't spray on the headlight just to preserve it for the windshield, thus making the mechanic think that the washing system doesn't work even though you have the error in the dashboard.

Reactions: ZeA38VSport
I was also trying really hard to have the LED headlights just because of the look of them with the turn signal and everything but for now I just changed the bulbs on the xenon headlight.
I found a company that sells LED D3S from Romania for 100€ (also Germany but for 200€). I never thought we can put LED bulbs inside a projector but this are design for projectors. The light output is way better (even better than BMW F10 and Opel Zafira C Led headlights), whiter, wider and brighter. LedItUp from Romania and Benzinfabrik from Germany.
I will post some pictures bellow but the camera doesn't do it justice. The old bulbs we're Philips Extreme Vision Gen 2 (also bright and white bulbs)
View attachment led1.jpg
View attachment led2.jpg
View attachment led3.jpg
View attachment led4.jpg

Attachments

• led1.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 73
  • led2.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 75
  • led3.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 67
  • led4.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20210626_203503.jpg
    IMG_20210626_203503.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 97
Well, german police officers are way to strict. And maybe you didn't see your mechanic looking but they do look when they open the hood.
Secondly, the new LED/Matrix are not brighter. They are wider but not brighter. They don't exceed 2000lux. Their advantages is that from side to side is all hot spot, not like Xenons or Halogen with bleed light pattern. That's why they seem brighter.
When I do TUV they measure the light output same time as light pattern and alignment.
At least in Germany. Also Romania.
My brother didn't past TUV because his washer fluid was to low. When is almost empty, the water doesn't spray on the headlight just to preserve it for the windshield, thus making the mechanic think that the washing system doesn't work even though you have the error in the dashboard.
Jesus Christ, what an aash***les those german and romania mechanics FACEPALM!
Since 2019 I had 3 MOTs and all good. I don't have bast**ds my local mechanics here they do their job don't check sh!t like washers?? maan can't believe how some garages are picky on purpose!! Ridiculous

Jesus Christ, what an aash***les those german and romania mechanics FACEPALM!
Since 2019 I had 3 MOTs and all good. I don't have bast**ds my local mechanics here they do their job don't check sh!t like washers?? maan can't believe how some garages are picky on purpose!! Ridiculous
Yes and no. I actually think it's best to check everything. I've seen a lot of cars that are a hazzard on roads. Bad lighting, no good brakes, windshield broken, to much smoke and **** like that. I almost got into a car accident (my fault for not keeping the distance) because the car in front had all 3 breaklights burnt. I didn't see him breaking. My luck was that I didn't had speed (inside the city)

Anyway
I have purchased these from Aliex. They been posted so will see.
I have retrofit from halogen to standard DRLs LED. But to many wiring and DRLs are connected to fuse with separate wires and hi beam has also separate wires from battery. so I want to scrap that and have clean plug n play.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802_095357_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd_edit_535264381358428.jpg
    Screenshot_20210802_095357_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd_edit_535264381358428.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 95
Guys, does anyone know the pinout from the 14 pin connector for our Xenon Headlight?
I need to find the turn signal wire and ground wire
Thanks

Guys, does anyone know the pinout from the 14 pin connector for our Xenon Headlight?
Thanks
It's no point doing it.. It won't work anyway. You need to run special cables attached to battery and still it will throw you error if you turn on long distance beam

It's no point doing it.. It won't work anyway. You need to run special cables attached to battery and still it will throw you error if you turn on long distance beam
I don't think. It doesn't throw any error with it attached on the + and grounded on the car. I just want it to work without the original bulb. Only the strip
That's why I need to know if the turn signal has a ground in that 14 pin connector that is only ground for turn signal, nothing else

I don't think. It doesn't throw any error with it attached on the + and grounded on the car. I just want it to work without the original bulb. Only the strip
That's why I need to know if the turn signal has a ground in that 14 pin connector that is only ground for turn signal, nothing else
In reality there are 11 pins only but 7 active total .
It probably has relay wich will click and will turn it on ..

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20210806_183315.jpg
    IMG_20210806_183315.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20210806_183319.jpg
    IMG_20210806_183319.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 69
There are 14 pins, 7 active. The big yellow one is the turn signal active. I just need to find the negative(ground) for that
there are no 14 pins, only empty holes and 11 pins are slotted in and one of them is ground but forgot .. and can't find that pinout but still checking ..
11 pins becuse some are linked only

Sorry to correct but "pins" refers to holes. No matter the thickness. 14 holes=14 pins
I used to work at Delphi, making the cables for cars, I know how they called
Those empty holes are there for a reason, might be because of missed features or just for production cost. They do use this connector for multiple cars and to keep the price down they do this.
Thank you for the link. I will look into it. You are the best

Sorry to correct but "pins" refers to holes. No matter the thickness. 14 holes=14 pins
I used to work at Delphi, making the cables for cars, I know how they called
Those empty holes are there for a reason, might be because of missed features or just for production cost. They do use this connector for multiple cars and to keep the price down they do this.
Thank you for the link. I will look into it. You are the best
I refer pins metal connectors .. Becuse I have purchased all disassemblesd and I crimped cables into pins and slotted in required ones
The 14 are there becsue Hella makes these lights with cornering additional bulb so extra two more pins are then slotted in totalling 13 pins :)

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 97
But this is for Golf 7. They do use different connection to drl and turn signal.
I do think our ground wire is grounded inside the headlight to some clean metal or together with some other things
I will look tomorrow with a multimeter to make sure
There are people with Audi asking and seems to be same .. ? It is worth to read whole thread..

I refer pins metal connectors .. Becuse I have purchased all disassemblesd and I crimped cables into pins and slotted in required ones
The 14 are there becsue Hella makes these lights with cornering additional bulb so extra two more pins are then slotted in totalling 13 pins :)
I see 14 holes

Thanks
Left Headlight
Pin 9 for Turn Signal and Pin 7 for Ground
But Pin 7, Pin 14, Pin 5 are all Ground linked together
Same Pins for Right Headlight Turn Signal 9 and Ground pins 5, 7, 14 linked together

Well just try VW is same or use multimeter ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
14th pin is just spare empty for the design of the connector ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't have car with Xenons but I have checked wire diagrams for
'Gas discharge headlights (bi-xenon) with automatic headlight range control and cornering light , (8IM) From March 2012'
And Pin 14 seems to have Ground.
Each Xenon headlight with 10 wires in 14pin connector, out of which 3 are Ground.
11 wires including 3 Ground for US models.

I don't have car with Xenons but I have checked wire diagrams for
'Gas discharge headlights (bi-xenon) with automatic headlight range control and cornering light , (8IM) From March 2012'
And Pin 14 seems to have Ground.
Each Xenon headlight with 10 wires in 14pin connector, out of which 3 are Ground.
11 wires including 3 Ground for US models.
Another version I found for
'Gas discharge headlights with automatic headlight range control , (8IG) From March 2012'
Turn Signal is Pin 9 on both sides and linked Ground on Pin 7 and Pin 5. Nothing in Pin 14.
Total 11 pins including 2 Ground pins. 12 pins in US model.

Another version I found for
'Gas discharge headlights with automatic headlight range control , (8IG) From March 2012'
Turn Signal is Pin 9 on both sides and linked Ground on Pin 7 and Pin 5. Nothing in Pin 14.
Total 11 pins including 2 Ground pins. 12 pins in US model.
So if I remove the ground that is just for turn signal, would the other 2/1 ground wires work for the other functions? Or might get issues?
And thank you for you response

So if I remove the ground that is just for turn signal, would the other 2/1 ground wires work for the other functions? Or might get issues?
And thank you for you response
Pin 5 is Ground for Xenon only.
Pin 7 is Ground for DRL/Side Light Control Unit + LED module and the Turn Signal...
So answer is No. Other functions will get affected.. you will end up with issues..
What are you trying to do by removing that Ground?

Pin 5 is Ground for Xenon only.
Pin 7 is Ground for DRL/Side Light Control Unit + LED module and the Turn Signal...
So answer is No. Other functions will get affected.. you will end up with issues..
What are you trying to do by removing that Ground?
I would like to connect a led strip just for the turn signal and remove the original bulb. I don't want to have 2 things flashing there. But I know that if I just remove the bulb, I will get an error so I taught by removing the wire from the connector itself and then link the led strip, change the bulb type with vcds won't give me an error.
I will try it today, maybe I can get it to work

I would like to connect a led strip just for the turn signal and remove the original bulb. I don't want to have 2 things flashing there. But I know that if I just remove the bulb, I will get an error so I taught by removing the wire from the connector itself and then link the led strip, change the bulb type with vcds won't give me an error.
I will try it today, maybe I can get it to work
Have you already tried just the strip wired upto indicator power and relevant ground and change LoadType to Led to see if error comes up?

Have you already tried just the strip wired upto indicator power and relevant ground and change LoadType to Led to see if error comes up?
I thought the error comes up based on expected LoadType not actual presence of Bulb in that slot. Not too sure though.