Has anyone got............

Madmo

Reaction score
a DTUK fitted to their 8V S3 300ps engine?

If you do does it make much of a difference?
I've had a look on the DTUK website and it appears I can get a pedal box for my 2015 S3 300ps engine for Only £179 and they claim it takes it upto 363ps, that sounds like a No brainer but I'm a bit dubious fitting this to a brand new car that hasn't been run in yet lol

I do and I wouldn't be with out it now.

The FSR tuning box is £399 this is what you need for extra power. The pedal box is a throttle response modification that fits between the accelerator and the ECU.

Thanks for your reply mate. Doesnt the pedal box give you the 363ps then as advertised?

Were you driving into cupar this morning from the balmalcolm direction?

I saw a white S3 HB reg no started OY 64?

Na, the pedal box won't give you extra power just make the car feel more responsive. Just had a look at the website and right enough it does say up to 40% more power. It's definitely not right, maybe @ABYSS can sort it.

Na wasn't me this morning. I've not seen any other White HB around this area. Actually not seen many S3's at all.

I'm planning to run in my S3 (When I get it) for around 2000 miles, then maybe fit a DTUK box. Have yet to see a negative review of it!

Reactions: Madmo
had the FSR box ready before getting my car. Fitted from day 1 almost, program 3+3. Now have the APR intake fitted too. Almost hitting 5000m now at 7 months, no issues at all. miles = smiles.

Reactions: Madmo and RYuill
Na, the pedal box won't give you extra power just make the car feel more responsive. Just had a look at the website and right enough it does say up to 40% more power. It's definitely not right, maybe @ABYSS can sort it.

Na wasn't me this morning. I've not seen any other White HB around this area. Actually not seen many S3's at all.

You might see mines in the st andrews area at weekends I sometimes pop to st andrews with the family

I will keep an eye out. There is a monsoon Gray saloon in St. Andrews, that's the only one I've seen.

I'm actually from Leuchars but no one seems to know where that is so its easier to say St Andrews lol

*** Madmo.. why on earth would you ask such a stoopid question when there are SEVERAL, yes SEVERAL threads already on the site..(don't know why I needed to shout, bandwagon, jumping, trying to be clever, springs to mind..but hey ho).... jings anyone would think you were a total newbie!!

Reactions: RYuill and Madmo
Forgive my ignorance andy but I am a total newbie to these forum thingy's. I am learning very quickly lol

Reactions: RYuill
Exactly, there are SEVERAL threads.. do some search.

a5d61a0066d7b84010262a206049dfbd.jpg

Soon this forum will just be a search site. No one will have any thing left to talk about.

New people will come, ask a question and just get threads thrown at them. Then leave. Leaving the old members to argue about s3 vs golf R and mono pur.

Last edited:
Reactions: bterra, mfl and fivespice
I'm a new member & I agree.

It's called a "discussion" for a reason.

Discuss.

I think it's reasonable to expect new members to

Read the FAQs
Do a Search
Then join in the discussions.

You wouldn't barge into a pub and shout your questions out without first introducing yourself, and listening for a bit first?

Reactions: Bristle Hound, fivespice and lucas-suisse
I dunno I know of some in my local, and female, who seem to think it works...

Reactions: veeeight
Why the constant re-direction to old threads?

Re-surfacing old threads is especially useful, because

• There is a great deal of knowledge in them
  • The oldies that have been there before put a lot of time and effort in answering those questions
  • Those oldies may not be around anymore
  • Not all the newies know all the answers
  • So the oldies knowledge is always captured in the FAQs
  • Even the newies can learn from the oldies occasionally through those threads !
And when newies add to the old threads, it re-surfaces them for yet more newies to take on board the info!

(This is how a forum works ;) )

Reactions: Bristle Hound and lucas-suisse
There is obviously a balance to be struck - stick to forum netiquette - read the FAQ's first, then do a search.

This particular site is extremely friendly/helpful - try a newbie obvious question on other sites, and you'll get a snarled reply of "Do a Search" (or worse) and that will be your lot!

The more threads on the same topic just make it harder for people to find information, and then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

(If everybody started a thread on "Do I use 95RON or 98RON" you end up with 22 threads on that very topic. Much harder for a newbie to find the relevant info when it's scattered everywhere. Oh.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bristle Hound, lucas-suisse and phil1824
Fair point- well put.

We should get a thread going on this.

I think it's reasonable to expect new members to

Read the FAQs
Do a Search
Then join in the discussions.

You wouldn't barge into a pub and shout your questions out without first introducing yourself, and listening for a bit first?
^This :thumbs up:

Why the constant re-direction to old threads?

Re-surfacing old threads is especially useful, because
  • There is a great deal of knowledge in them
  • The oldies that have been there before put a lot of time and effort in answering those questions
  • Those oldies may not be around anymore
  • Not all the newies know all the answers
  • So the oldies knowledge is always captured in the FAQs
  • Even the newies can learn from the oldies occasionally through those threads !
And when newies add to the old threads, it re-surfaces them for yet more newies to take on board the info!

(This is how a forum works ;) )
^This :thumbs up::thumbs up:

There is obviously a balance to be struck - stick to forum netiquette - read the FAQ's first, then do a search.

This particular site is extremely friendly/helpful - try a newbie obvious question on other sites, and you'll get a snarled reply of "Do a Search" (or worse) and that will be your lot!

The more threads on the same topic just make it harder for people to find information, and then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

(If everybody started a thread on "Do I use 95RON or 98RON" you end up with 22 threads on that very topic. Much harder for a newbie to find the relevant info when it's scattered everywhere. Oh.)
& this :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Hi everyone, ...I think we should lightened up a bit, ..easy enough to politely suggest to do a search, if the question has been asked before without having multiple posters lecturing the OP ......... :)

Reactions: Madmo and RYuill
Hi everyone, ...I think we should lightened up a bit, ..easy enough to politely suggest to do a search, if the question has been asked before without having multiple posters lecturing the OP ......... :)

Exactly my point. I totally agree with what you say v8 however if someone asks a question that has been asked before, Then there is no need for people to be rude and just throw links at them and say DO SOME SEARCHING. A better way would be to politely answer the question and direct them to the older discussions

Reactions: Madmo and veeeight