Facelift Has anyone fitted light sensor on FL 8v?

Fraysa

Reaction score
If you did, please let me know.

After fitting said sensor and enabling various adaptions on VCDS including coding the sensor itself the car still won't recognize it. I've spent almost 2 days trying to figure out what I'm missing including translating all the German adaptions and still no luck.

Thanks.

Found the solution in a Spanish video on YouTube.

If anyone needs it, please message me.

Or y

Or you could just post it for the great of the community.

It seems like there’s some sort of taboo of not posting help to the community in this forum. Every time I ask questions I get replies from known forum members like “just consult a professional retrofitter”. When I tell them I want to do it myself they don’t want to harm their precious business so they don’t help.

It seems like there’s some sort of taboo of not posting help to the community in this forum. Every time I ask questions I get replies from known forum members like “just consult a professional retrofitter”. When I tell them I want to do it myself they don’t want to harm their precious business so they don’t help.

A bit generalisation there.
I think there’s a difference asking a pro for information how to do something they charge for and stuff you can find on the net.
There’s a reason a lot of stuff you won’t find on the net cause either a professional has spent a lot of time, effort and money figuring out and keeping it to themselves and not releasing it to the world or the stuff that’s damn right dangerous to do yourself. It’s like you follow someone information or guide and blow your £30-40k car up you will not be amused. Things like light sensor is unlikely to blow your car up so you need to decide if you want to share it or not depending on risk.
I’ve found this place to be great for information and help and at no point felt I was pushed towards a pro to do the work I think I can do myself. I personally don’t muck about with safety stuff like airbags or brakes so will get a pro to do it however stuff like folding mirrors and vcds coding/tweaks I’m happy to do myself and this place has plenty of people who help including the traders.

A bit generalisation there.
I think there’s a difference asking a pro for information how to do something they charge for and stuff you can find on the net.
There’s a reason a lot of stuff you won’t find on the net cause either a professional has spent a lot of time, effort and money figuring out and keeping it to themselves and not releasing it to the world or the stuff that’s damn right dangerous to do yourself. It’s like you follow someone information or guide and blow your £30-40k car up you will not be amused. Things like light sensor is unlikely to blow your car up so you need to decide if you want to share it or not depending on risk.
I’ve found this place to be great for information and help and at no point felt I was pushed towards a pro to do the work I think I can do myself. I personally don’t muck about with safety stuff like airbags or brakes so will get a pro to do it however stuff like folding mirrors and vcds coding/tweaks I’m happy to do myself and this place has plenty of people who help including the traders.

Might’ve been a bit of generalization, but I can assure you every time I asked for help even for small things the “pros” PMed me asking me to stop asking questions.

It seems all they care about is their money. I don’t care if they don’t help because it harms their business, but telling me to consult a professional over trying to do it myself? No thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might’ve been a bit of generalization, but I can assure you every time I asked for help even for small things the “pros” PMed me asking me to stop asking questions.

It seems all they care about is their money. I don’t care if they don’t help because it harms their business, but telling me to consult a professional over trying to do it myself? No thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to say I’ve never experienced this but then I’m too chicken to do the difficult stuff in case I blow my car up :wink:

Got to say I’ve never experienced this but then I’m too chicken to do the difficult stuff in case I blow my car up :wink:

Even for the simple things I got messages. But it’s okay, I don’t blame anyone. I’d probably act the same if I charged the amount of money they charge for these mods. That’s the main reason why I want to improve and open my own retrofit service, to offer these services but lower prices and not take advantage of it.

Even for the simple things I got messages. But it’s okay, I don’t blame anyone. I’d probably act the same if I charged the amount of money they charge for these mods. That’s the main reason why I want to improve and open my own retrofit service, to offer these services but lower prices and not take advantage of it.
You know before this post I thought you were just being a touch “over keen” with your new purchase and your desire to mod / improve it so I tried to be as diplomatic as possible while trying to pass out some advice, however everything has now fallen in to place and there is no longer a need for holding back moving forward....

Your post sir is very naive and you have a lot to learn, I mean soooo much that it’s a scale that you cannot even begin to imagine. Good luck on your journey and may the force be with you!

As for “professionals” asking you to stop asking questions, which is probably putting it politely, and as your are painting the whole professional community with the same brush here is my defence / proof (attached) that I tried to assist but instead of just telling you how to “do it” that I tried to point you in the direction of how to learn how to do it yourself as that’s what you have been hellbent on, learning.

Attachments

• F2FFCBF7-1CE5-4D10-A0EA-C8335778FFDD.png
    F2FFCBF7-1CE5-4D10-A0EA-C8335778FFDD.png
    573.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 5C017251-CB41-492A-A7FA-5F0B62D8E980.png
    5C017251-CB41-492A-A7FA-5F0B62D8E980.png
    593.8 KB · Views: 161
You know before this post I thought you were just being a touch “over keen” with your new purchase and your desire to mod / improve it so I tried to be as diplomatic as possible while trying to pass out some advice, however everything has now fallen in to place and there is no longer a need for holding back moving forward....

Your post sir is very naive and you have a lot to learn, I mean soooo much that it’s a scale that you cannot even begin to imagine. Good luck on your journey and may the force be with you!

As for “professionals” asking you to stop asking questions, which is probably putting it politely, and as your are painting the whole professional community with the same brush here is my defence / proof (attached) that I tried to assist but instead of just telling you how to “do it” that I tried to point you in the direction of how to learn how to do it yourself as that’s what you have been hellbent on, learning.

I wasn’t talking about you specifically, anyways thank you and I hope to improve as well :).