Has anyone fit SPACERS to their A3 8P??

john_cook

I was the STIG.
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've fitted some 19" RS6 replicas to my A3 8P (lowered 30mm all round on eibach springs). They have 235 width tyres on them. I would really like to fit some 10mm spacers to the rear wheels to help them fill the arches out.

1) has anyone done this on an 8P?? (lots done to the 8L)

2) is it a good idea to fit to the rear only? (front looks ok)

Thanks for any advice!

PS getting rieger front bumper fitted on Friday :)

Cooky

Whats the offset of the wheels? I've fitted spacers to my R32 at the rear but not at the front as the mkIV platform rode a wider track at the front.

I've got 42mm offswet rims on my car with 225/40's fitted and they did catch on the bolts holding the bumper on. Mine is lowered though. All I did was get the angle grinder out and grind half the nuts off. Sorted.

J.

J.

Cheers marriedblonde, they are ET45 with 235/35/19s + 30mm drop, which is correct for the A3. Its one of those tricky ones I guess, there is probably no definite answer but guess I may just have to try it and see. Was hoping someone with 19" rims had tried this on an A3 8P. Only want to do the rear as it looks fine at the front but the rear arches look much bigger and need to be filled! What make spacers did you get and from who? DId u fit them yourself?

Cooky

10mm spacers will mean a 35mm offset so I think you'll run into trouble. got any pics from the rear?

whats the width of your rims?

I used FK spacers and yes fitted them myself. You do need to declare them to your insurers believe it or not.

J.

my wheels are 19 x 8. There is a fella on here with 15mm 5x112 spacers for sale. Guess they are gonna be completley out of the question. Think 10mm will be ok just by looking at it from the back. (not got any pics, sorry)

these guys sell spacers for VAG cars - http://www.dpmautostyling.co.uk/

will email them and see what they recommend.

Cooky

Here's some pics of mine with 42mm offset, the cars lowered on -50 eibach springs, it's settled a bit since these pics where taken. The wheels are 18x8 running 225/40 tyres. I think with 10mm spacers your going to be knackered. Like I said they rub and I had to grind down the side of the bolts holding the bumper on.

J.

rear1.jpg

rear2.jpg

hey marriedblonde,

arent the R32 (MK4) and new A3 based on different floorplans?? It looks like there is a fair bit of room under the arches at the back. I'm only intending to fit the spacers to the back wheels. Using a crude measurement (i.e. my fingers) I can fit 2 fingers pointing up to the arch whilst lying on the outer surface of the tyre wall. Does that make any sense?? My fingers arent that fat but that equates to about 20-25mm. I have a 30mm drop and 19x8 rims with 235/35 tyres. Does the tyre width matter? Would 225 width tyres pose less of a rubbing issue than the 235 width ones on mine? Sorry but i'm pretty thick with this sort of stuff :keule:

cooky

PS pictures would be great!

J do you have spacers on your A3 with those RS4 replicas??

Here are some pics of mine. They are first the left rear, then the right rear, then the left rear and a bit of wood (10-12mm thick) lying flush with the tyre wall and then the right rear with the wood flush to the tyre wall. COnfused yet :confused: ?, you better be, here goes...

psg001-LR.JPG

psg001-RR.JPG

psg001-LF.JPG

psg001-RF.JPG

click the pics for a larger view

Cooky

Hmmm I can see my own pics! God only knows whats going on. Can anyone else see them!

Looking at those pics I'd say you'd be extremely unlikey to get away with spacers. Maybe 5mm?

J.

i can see your pics J. Damn, are you sure? I thought I may get some 10mm spacers in there no bother. :(

Is your new A3 fitted with spacers??

Cooky

Has anyone fitted TT spacers to the A3 hubs? I have some from my old TT that I would like to put on my A3. Its a 2005 car but not sure if the hubs are the same. I doubt it as my TT was a 2001 car, but does anyone know different?:think:

I know this is an old thread but thought it was daft to start a new one with this one still going.

Thanks,

Ewan.

hi

Just a small point

You are all talking about 2wd cars here, cos Eibach do not do a lowering kit for the 4wd yet!! - Sport line anyway.

i'd love to lower and put spacers on, but need to wait a while yet me thinks for them to catch upto Quattro!!!!

Cheers

Lee

A11 EAF said:
Has anyone fitted TT spacers to the A3 hubs? I have some from my old TT that I would like to put on my A3. Its a 2005 car but not sure if the hubs are the same. I doubt it as my TT was a 2001 car, but does anyone know different?:think:

I know this is an old thread but thought it was daft to start a new one with this one still going.

Thanks,

Ewan.

The TT has PCD of 5x100 and the new A3 8P uses a PCD off 5x112 s they wont fit I'm affraid.

J.

Leetaylor said:
hi

Just a small point

You are all talking about 2wd cars here, cos Eibach do not do a lowering kit for the 4wd yet!! - Sport line anyway.

i'd love to lower and put spacers on, but need to wait a while yet me thinks for them to catch upto Quattro!!!!

Cheers

Lee

Yes we are talking about the FWD cars. There's nothing stopping you fitting spacers to your car!

You can always get a set of coilovers to lower your car.

J.

Thanks married blonde, never knew that. Guess i've got a set of 15mm (each corner, total width 30mm) TT spacers going for sale. Is it worth putting them on the classifieds board here? Not sure how many TT drivers are members here.

Not looking for much for them, but they cost me over £200 about 3 months ago!:puke2:

Well they fit all the mkIv platform cars - TT, A3 8L, Golf, Bora etc s yep definately wrth advertising the on here. also try tyresmoke and uk-mkIv's

J.

Tried to post the TT spacers on here but I need to have made 40 posts according to the rules. Understandable I guess. :asskicking:

I've got loads of other TT bits too, like the armrest (wasn't giving that to the stealer, £200!!) and a cupholder.

I'll stick them all up for grabs once I've reached and breached the minimum posts.

just go and sit in the general chat forum for a few minutes... 40 posts will ramp up in no time...

Alternatively post a question regarding which colour is best for a car. That'll get the posts going :)

seeing as the thread is still going will add my update. Have fitted 10mm H&R wheel spacers to the A3 (30mm drop, 235/35/19s) and they fit fine with no rubbing issues at all. They fill the arch out nicely and look mean from the rear. Think the wheels are ET45.

cooky