Has anyone downgraded their ECU using VAS-PC?

FaisalFazeli

@S333FSL
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have a 2011 a3 2.0 tdi and my ecu has tuning protector on it, I would like to downgrade it so i am able to use the obd port for the remaps.

thanks in advance

So once its out on bench it can be unlocked for future to remap through obd? I am based in west london and the prices am getting are £400+ when out of london its around £280. And the ones in london do not have dyno rod to prove figures too. Where are you located mate?

I'm in the north east, £200 I could have done it for, yeah, it's easier for the tuner for future reference too, so if you wanted a remap we could take the ecu out, which you have to anyway, unlock it to enable OBD, put it back in the car and do everything via OBD, nice its OBD enabled it would a be only me with my tool which could access it through the port

Its fine mate, thank you for that, in what area are you? If i ever do pass by definetly stop and get this done

Don't superchips say they can now flash these ? I no there not the most aggressive maps but could be worth a punt

Reactions: FaisalFazeli
can be done direct through obd port with a cmd . or anyone who has a master tool can bench it and unlock it .that way its not locked to a slave tool

can be done direct through obd port with a cmd . or anyone who has a master tool can bench it and unlock it .that way its not locked to a slave tool

Would you know anyone around london that would be able to do this? Wouldnt mind travelling 20-30miles around london but just want to know wheres nearest..

Sorry im confused paul, i have 2011 and was told by few companies it needs to be taken out, are you saying mine can be remapped through obd? And the ecu doesnt need to come out

Yes it can be remapped through OBD, the other tuners you are going to who want to remove it must be using different tools, personally for most if not all or nearly I use my CMD as its the best on the market, CMD will do it via OBD a lot of people won't use CMD as they see it as its an expensive tool to use

Done a lot of 59 say Audi which have gone through OBD but many Leon 59 plate are tricore protected

You've had more luck than me then.

Seat and Skoda tend to keep using the older ECU's for longer. Haven't found a 60 plate Leon that isn't unlocked :(

Though the other week I had an A5 Cab on an 11 plate NOT go via OBD. Could only conclude it was old stock that had been sat in a field somewhere :(

Reactions: Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps
not a hard job to remove ecu and do it on bench though , have a full back off ecu as well that way for future just incase