Has anyone chipped a 3.2 ?

paddy

Reaction score
I am interested to hear anyones experiences with chipping a 3.2. On paper the gains are quite small so is it worthwhile ? performance or fuel economy wise ?

I am interested to hear anyones experiences with chipping a 3.2. On paper the gains are quite small so is it worthwhile ? performance or fuel economy wise ?

I looked into it when I had an A3 3.2 a couple of years ago....even with the induction kit,remap and exhaust,the total gain was about 30bhp....not bad overall,but it would have amounted to about £1k for that lot.

It's always much easier to extract good gains from turbo engines,within reason,but much more costly with normally aspirated.

Yeah my 3.2 has got a Custom Code remap, but it was already on the car when I bought it, and having not driven a standard one, very hard to comment about the gains.

By all accounts it is good for economy, and can give 15bhp or so. Obviously a lot less than you'd get on a turbocharged engine, but still a reasonable gain for a N/A engine I think.

i think it would be worth doing it, i would do it to mine, (i have the 2.0fsi) because not only do you get a slight power increase, it changes the way the whole car drives and feels, they can move the power band for more low down power for overtaking etc. if you do it, along with a exhaust and filter, it will sound lovely and drive like a dream!