Has any one had this or know what causes it?

Elgy

Reaction score
As the title asks really. I've had this in the carpet since I bought the car. A bit annoyed as I missed it when (not so) thoroughly checking the car over. But obviously saw it soon after! Private sale, so no recourse with a garage available.

7097302241_b3bd2dc958_m.jpg

Last edited:
Balls!!! I obviously didn't follow the instructions closely enough. I wouldn't hold your breath, its not that exciting!

How do you get the pics to work

Go to "my profile" (top right)

Then go into your photo album and click, "upload photo"

Select photo from your computer

Wait for it to upload...........

Then once its done it and its sitting in your album, it will have been given a "Picture URL" Shows it bottom right underneath the picture.

Then go into the box where you talk to all of us lot in a thread and select the button 3rd from the right "insert image"

That will bring up a box that awaits your Picture URL......

I find when you have lots of pictures to put in a thread to have 2 Audisport windows open.

So you can just copy the Picture URL and paste into the thread via that "insert image button" saves you going backwards and forwards.

Thats how i do it anyway! works fine!

I use imageshack, its easy to use. :)

YAY!!!! My Pic cherry has been popped. Thanks for all your help. I decided on FlickR before I read the last two posts, so have gone down that route.

Looks like mould but I'm viewing on my iPhone so it looks smaller than it is.

Im sure a good wet vac would sort that out.

Wow... I can see none of you live in Canada... lol

Looks like road salt. There is a special cleaner for removing salt deposits from carpets... But a bit of hot water, steam cleaner and a lot of effort if they are hard. Mine last year were half a cm thick in places.

The pic was taken on my Iphone, and clearly isn't that good! The white area is not on the carpet, its where the carpet pile has come out of the backing, and left nothing else but that backing!

If it is the carpet pile coming out, something corrosive was spilled... At which point I'd check the floor from underneath.

I've heard of a recall on the A4's that changed the drain pipe for the bulkhead/heater system/pollen filter area because it was letting in water, and that caused the carpet to rot from underneath and the pile to then come out. Unfortunately the carpet isn't wet at all, so I don't think that's it!