Hard to change gear at top of rev range. Worn engine mounts?

Jonse

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have noticed this for a while but yesterday i was playing with a C63 AMG and i have noticed every time i am at the top of the rev range in every gear it is really hard to change gear, but once the revs drop a little it fly straight in.

I have spoken to a few people and they have mentioned it might be my engine mounts are worn, but im unsure how i can tell if this is the case. I am running revo stage 2+ if that helps at all. I have had a look on revo website and they recommend upgrading the mounts but i dont want to spend £400 if that isnt the issue.

http://www.revohardware.com/revo-full-engine-mount-set

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jonse

I don't know the answer to this but I was playing with a C63 AMG yesterday. Haha. How weird. He didn't have a chance though. It was raining and it was from a standing start. I still won though :D

I don't know the answer to this but I was playing with a C63 AMG yesterday. Haha. How weird. He didn't have a chance though. It was raining and it was from a standing start. I still won though :D

Must have been an AMG day yesterday.

There was an AMG C63 in front of me as well yesterday and I'm sure he couldn't work out why he couldn't shake off the little Audi behind.

He gave up pretty quickly but both of us were being sensible anyway.

There was an AMG C63 in front of me as well yesterday and I'm sure he couldn't work out why he couldn't shake off the little Audi behind.

There wasn't much fun with mine, he just spun his wheels up in the rain. I left him for dead so ours was pretty sensible too. Haha

mine was good we drove around for about 15 mins.

Alex - i know you have quite abit more power then me but do you think it could be my mounts?

he would have known why if he read your build thread he also wpuld have remembered your car for life lol

interested about this. as i've noticed a few times that you have to be Hulk to change at 6800-7000rpms. also stage 2+ with loba sachs clutch but still stock engine mounts. lower rpm's and it shifts perfectly and fast!!

S. thats the same set up i have.

Hi All,

I have noticed this for a while but yesterday i was playing with a C63 AMG and i have noticed every time i am at the top of the rev range in every gear it is really hard to change gear, but once the revs drop a little it fly straight in.

I have spoken to a few people and they have mentioned it might be my engine mounts are worn, but im unsure how i can tell if this is the case. I am running revo stage 2+ if that helps at all. I have had a look on revo website and they recommend upgrading the mounts but i dont want to spend £400 if that isnt the issue.

Revo. Revo Engine Mount Set

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jonse

The engine mount kits make a huge difference, in fact Steve who heads up the hardware side of Revo/SRG fitted a set to his personal own car last week and Wow!! seriously worlds apart. So much so that we've just put a kit together that can be purchased at a discounted rate. just wish we had a way of showing the difference, as everyone would be sold on them once tried!

Revo Full Engine Mount Kit

Available and in stock now

Engine mount package includes:

• Engine Mount
  • Transmission Mount
  • Pendulum Mount

Revo engine mount kits are available for the following vehicles which have 2.0T transverse engine:

• Audi A3 8P
  • Audi S3 8P
  • SEAT Leon Mk2
  • Skoda Octavia
  • VW Golf Mk5
  • VW Golf Mk6
  • VW Scirocco

Revo engine mounts provide a great balance between sport ride and quality. The Revo mounts replace the factory mounts with an upgraded unit that reduces engine movement, which increases traction, improves throttle response and smooths shifting. It is a must have for increased horsepower builds.
Specs

• 6061 Billet aluminium
  • Custom bushings (78 shore A durometer)
  • Stainless steel center pin
  • Grade 10.9 mounting hardware
  • Black anodised finish with Revo/Eurojet logo
Features

• Reduced engine movement
  • Increased traction
  • Improved throttle response
  • Smoother shifting
  • Drop-in replacement for factory mount

Attachments

• Engine Mount Kit.jpg
    Engine Mount Kit.jpg