Haptic pedal - can you turn off?

TG_A6_50tdi_quattro

Reaction score
Hello all!

Going to test drive a 50tdi quattro tomorrow I reserved during lock down, its a black edition with comfort and sound pack. I understand its a demo which never really went out so very few miles even though almost 3 month old.

Very curious to see how it drives after reading some posts on here. I had a 40tdi Avant on test for almost a week before the world stopped, I really liked it but felt it a little slow compared to my current car so became tempted by the larger engine.

One question I have which hasn't been answered by rep. is can you turn the haptic response on the throttle pedal off?

Cheers!

Attachments

• A6 50tdi.png
    A6 50tdi.png
    666.9 KB · Views: 239
Yes you can. In the MMI go to CAR and then Efficiency Assist. In there you can turn off Accelerator Pedal Feedback

Enjoyed the test drive very much, the car looks like it hasn't been washed in months but was told its already been through its checks/prep. and is ready to collect. It was at Milton Keynes Audi so plenty of roundabouts to tackle and get a good sense of how the car performs, only lag I could feel was when efficiency was selected.

My only disappointment was there was no electric closing of the boot as I thought with the comfort pack it would have been fitted but not a problem, the 3d camera was very good.

So deposit paid and I collect at the end of the month!

A6

Congratulations! Hope you will be happy with the new wheels.

Just out of curiosity, if the car is there and ready to go, why are they making you wait until the end of the month to collect?

Thanks, I am really looking forward to getting it home.

Its more the other way round, I have my current company car until the end of the month as changing jobs. So thought I might as well use it until I have to return it.

Are you sure your foot ache is due to the feedback? Obviously, I don't know of your past injuries, but for me I get foot ache after about 1/2 hr. It's not something I realised until after owning the vehicle.

This is due to, IMO, the accelerator and brake pedals being 2 inches too close to the driver. I really can't rationalise why Audi have placed them there / who it would suit. Almost ruins the car for me.

The first thing I did was turn the haptic response off at the start of my test drive (I have a metal screw fixing together one bone). I think the vibration was causing the issue as I drive many miles with no bother from it normally. The test drive it was fine so I hope all will be well!

I'm guessing you have already tried turning this off to see if it helps?

Looks fantastic, how does the performance of the 50tdi stack up against the 40tdi - does it feel much quicker?

The 50tdi felt noticeably quicker and smoother to drive IMO. But I still really enjoyed the 40 when I test drove that, it’s all down to personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since th A6 Avant is a big car, I honestly thought the 40 TDI engine would be under powered for this size of car. However after i took the 40 TDI for a test drive, i was very happy with the power. So didn't bother with taking the the 50 TDI for a test drive and went ahead and bought the 40 TDI quattro. I'm sure I would have liked the 50 TDI even better but at the same time it wouldn't give me around 600 miles to the full tank. I think the 40 TDI is a great balance between cost of car, power and fuel economy :)

The thing that amazes me (I just Googled it to confirm - numbers seem to stick in my head for some reason), the 40 TDi produces the same output as the original Sierra Cosworth!

Thanks, I am really looking forward to getting it home.

Its more the other way round, I have my current company car until the end of the month as changing jobs. So thought I might as well use it until I have to return it.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

Are you sure your foot ache is due to the feedback? Obviously, I don't know of your past injuries, but for me I get foot ache after about 1/2 hr. It's not something I realised until after owning the vehicle.

This is due to, IMO, the accelerator and brake pedals being 2 inches too close to the driver. I really can't rationalise why Audi have placed them there / who it would suit. Almost ruins the car for me.

I second this - the pedals are in a super awkward position and I get a fair amount of stiffness/pain sometimes. I am on the shorter side height wise at 5’7” and can’t imagine what it would be like for someone taller.

The first thing I did was turn the haptic response off at the start of my test drive (I have a metal screw fixing together one bone). I think the vibration was causing the issue as I drive many miles with no bother from it normally. The test drive it was fine so I hope all will be well!

I'm guessing you have already tried turning this off to see if it helps?

I can understand how the vibrations could affect your pinned bone. I haven't tried switching it off, no, but it's not that. My issue is that my right leg is not fully in contact with the seat, so there is additional load on my heel which causes pain / partial numbness.

Fair enough, that makes sense.

I second this - the pedals are in a super awkward position and I get a fair amount of stiffness/pain sometimes. I am on the shorter side height wise at 5’7” and can’t imagine what it would be like for someone taller.

I'm 5'11", so not abnormally large. It's crazy, there is plenty of space behind the peddles. I've been driving for 23 yrs and never experienced a less ergonomic peddle arrangement. To be honest I've never thought about it before. What am I supposed to do with my right foot when in cruise control? Every other car I have ever driven has a rest.

I am genuinely contemplating modifying the peddles.