Facelift Hankook tyres

Do a search on here mate tyres have been discussed to death l, it’s most likely annoying everyone. There are loads of threads about what people are using etc....

Reactions: John Pilkington
A lot more new Audi’s are coming with hankooks. They been using them for a while on some models. Mates £60k+ q7 came with them.
I got Pirelli with mine.
Part of cost cutting. Saying that some of them isn’t that cheap either.
I’m a bit of a tyre snob so wouldn’t be my first choice.

Mine came with them on, they seem, fine? I don’t think I have a driving style where I’d be able to notice a superior tyre though. My only wish is that they were a little more quiet. On some surfaces they are a little loud, I don’t know how others would compare though.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi pal,I find them a nice ride not noticed how loud they are.time will tell on wear and tear

Reactions: Chris.D
Had Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 on my previous car and now Goodyear F1 Asy 3. No major difference in road noise, handling or wear. I’d choose Hankook again as long as you go for their Ventus S1 Evo2 or Evo3.

They even make an AO version now with more rim protection.

Had Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 on my previous car and now Goodyear F1 Asy 3. No major difference in road noise, handling or wear. I’d choose Hankook again as long as you go for their Ventus S1 Evo2 or Evo3.

They even make an AO version now with more rim protection.
Hi pal mine came with the Evo 3 tyres

Mine came with Evo3, they seem good. Not as much feedback as PS4 but not bad

I don’t think they are bad tyres but expect more premium tyres on a premium car.
Neighbours Kia has Michelin’s and my sis’s fiesta has contis.
Saying that I was well impressed with the uniroyal rainsports my mate got on his. Grip felt superior to the Pirelli’s I have especially in the rain.

My saloon has Ventus S1 Evo2 tyres fitted but they need replacing soon. Looking on 'blackcircles' website they have both standard Hankook Evo's which have a fuel economy rating of 'E' and a wet grip rating of 'A', but they also have Audi AO spec Evo's which have a fuel economy rating of 'C' and a wet grip rating of 'B'. Does anyone know what is the difference between standard and AO tyres. This would seem to indicate a quite different structure and/or compound.

It will be a different compound to the normal run off the mill version with the same tread pattern.
Most oe spec tyres are different to the normal spec. Oe spec like AO,MO etc normally has better fuel economy and quieter than their normal versions in my experience. It’s not just a branding thing so they can charge more for something that’s approved by Audi. I always found the oe spec lasts longer than the non oe spec of the same tyre.