Handling Performance?

Wing Lun

A3 Sportback
Reaction score
Just curious, besides the aesthetic modifications has anyone upgraded their performances on their car in terms of handling?

I've got pro kits and rear ARB which isn't a lot haha, what has everyone else done? :whistle2:

IMG 20191028 125843

Just curious, besides the aesthetic modifications has anyone upgraded their performances on their car in terms of handling?

I've got pro kits and rear ARB which isn't a lot haha, what has everyone else done? :whistle2:

View attachment 204921
I think the biggest bang for your buck is the dogbone insert mount although it does not affect handling as much as say better tires or new sway bars would. Just makes the chassis more rigid and reduce slop.

Increasing XDS interaction is another way to get better handling and artificially reduce understeer. I do believe this will result in higher brake pad wear though.

I have heard very good things about the sway bars as well.

Tires imo are probably the biggest ways and most $$$ you can put in to see significant handling improvements. I bought some Pilot Sport 4 S's and their improvement over the stock Conti's was pretty damn noticeable even regarding road noise and ride quality. I thank this forum 5 times over for that info. Was definitely worth the money.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wing Lun and N.J.H
I think the biggest bang for your buck is the dogbone insert mount although it does not affect handling as much as say better tires or new sway bars would. Just makes the chassis more rigid and reduce slop.

Increasing XDS interaction is another way to get better handling and artificially reduce understeer. I do believe this will result in higher brake pad wear though.

I have heard very good things about the sway bars as well.

Tires imo are probably the biggest ways and most $$$ you can put in to see significant handling improvements. I bought some Pilot Sport 4 S's and their improvement over the stock Conti's was pretty damn noticeable even regarding road noise and ride quality. I thank this forum 5 times over for that info. Was definitely worth the money.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Thanks for this man, very useful! :icon thumright:

I've looked into the dogbone mount and it's very good...now just deciding on which particular brand to go for...APR/034/Powerflex...

I've got the APR rear sway bar but stupidly didn't upgrade the OE links too, but in need to get them probably either Superpro or 034.

I've got PS4s too and definitely pay what you get, probably the best performance tyres. Only road noise was considerably louder in comparison to my Pirelli Cinturato which I had before but either way better grip in all conditions.

On my mk7R I've done Rear ARB with end links, MP4s tyres and about to install Eibach pro springs. I also have the 034 insert more to tighten things up at stage 2 levels of torque.

I think that's perfect street combo and you'd only need more if you take car to track.

Reactions: Wing Lun
On my mk7R I've done Rear ARB with end links, MP4s tyres and about to install Eibach pro springs. I also have the 034 insert more to tighten things up at stage 2 levels of torque.

I think that's perfect street combo and you'd only need more if you take car to track.

Wow that's wicked! :icon thumright: thanks for sharing

You won't be disappointed with pro kits:boom:

Reactions: aussieR
Wow that's wicked! :icon thumright: thanks for sharing

You won't be disappointed with pro kits:boom:

Thanks for that. I've only heard positives about them from people on here and R foum in UK. Also my mechanic stated best street springs in his opinion and as bonus I bought them few weeks ago online 30% off sale. Booked in for install in 4 weeks along with service and Dyno runs. I've had APR stage 1 and 2 with HO last 5 1/2 years but never had car on dyno so interested to see numbers but mainly to check everything running perfecty.

Reactions: Wing Lun