halogen headlight hell help needed

the jammy one

Reaction score
hi im currently in the process off changing my b6 to a b7 but my headlights are not working properly my old ones where halogen ones and my new ones are also halogen ones i think that they must have changed the wiring round but i cant find a diagram anywhere and currently now cant drive at night due to no lights this is my daily drive and have kids and a misses and we now have no car its beond bearable i found a diagram on audizine but it didnt match must be difrent over there i dont even have a clue how id be able to test the wires to figure what went where please can sumone help it isnt even on my workshop manual
many thanks jay

Can you get access to VAG com, as this should find the fault.

You will need a volt meter and figure out what comes live when switched on
you can look inside the lights to the back of the plugs and work out what goes where
Vag com aint going to help thou
why does everyone think these days that if theres a problem it must be sorted with a diagnostic machine .

i dont have any access no is there no way of testing by hand wire outputs ect but saying that even if there was ho would i know which pin theyed go to on the headlight id off asked the guy on hear who did the conversion on his but he hasnt being on since august see if he had same issue or if his where just plug and play thios isnt good lol i hack the loom up im queit confident but its knowing what needs swaping with what

so you mean test out put of wires when indicator on then main beem and so on ect so i have them figured out then look inside my lights and trace whice pins lead to which light??
but how would i figure out positive and negives ?

All the wires obviously correspond to actualy wires going to bulbs etc
so you can visually sort the wiring out by the process of tracing wire from bulbs to pins internally in the lamp
its a bit of a drag but can be done without a tester .

you sir are a legend thanks very much for you help its so simple now youve told me but when your turing your hair out thinking wtf you just dont see the ansew and it realy is quite simple lol ill make sure i have afew fuses spare just incase lol thanks again