Halogen DRL'S LED

andyam

Reaction score
Hi guys. So I've owned an A3 previous and have always had an LED set up on the interior, license plates, side lights, and white halogen headlights (non HIDS).

Before evening picking up my B8 I contacted Trups and got my interior lights all ordered up along with a glovebox loom and light.

Amazing stuff as always lights up the cabin with a crisp white light.

I changed my headlights to Philips diamond vision in the dipped beam and Trups supplied some white bulbs which match the diamond visions on the high beam.

After all that the DRL bugged me...A LOT due to them being yellow...I was itching to change them but had no time. Finally I found a weekend free so I contact Trups for the HALOGEN DRL LED bulbs and audi for the rubber gromits.

Followed soke guides of cutting the mouldings on the light to get to the bulbs and installed them. Guides available on this forum anyone interested. Bulbs were slightly fiddly but got there in the end.

Here are final results of the DRL changes.

Uploadfromtaptalk1393153915945
Uploadfromtaptalk1393153932755
Uploadfromtaptalk1393153952487
Uploadfromtaptalk1393153962181

The camera makes it look blue but it is more white that blue as you can see in the final picture.

I highly recommend this change. Pretty simple just need to be careful cutting the mouldings out.

Trups supplied a top service and I do believe he is looking into supplying the gromits too. Else will need to pop to audi for it.

For any led lights interior or exterior Trups is your man.

Cheers
Andy

Reactions: jamin128 and RS5 JON
Hi andyam, I've also got this on my mod list, bulbs supplied by Trups. My parts are sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted, cheers for the pics of what they will look like, makes a big difference from the yellowish originals.

JG

what did audi charge for the caps ?
they should be free robbing ****s

Hi andyam, I've also got this on my mod list, bulbs supplied by Trups. My parts are sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted, cheers for the pics of what they will look like, makes a big difference from the yellowish originals.

JG

Bez101 I got one pair free as my car is still in warranty so said one of the DRL's is out and I need to change it. But other paid I paid 8.40 each as I made a contact for a small discount ha. Seriously would contact Trups about these bulbs I recommend this easy upgrade to all

Just done the same to my B8, Trups is a top man and gave lots of help and advice :)

Hello anydam,

I'm also doing a conversion - already ordered DRL (from Trups of course ;)) but you also changed your dipped and main beam. I'd be curious to see what they look like on the Audi. Any chance to post a pic? :drool:

Thanks

Hello anydam,

I'm also doing a conversion - already ordered DRL (from Trups of course ;)) but you also changed your dipped and main beam. I'd be curious to see what they look like on the Audi. Any chance to post a pic? :drool:

Thanks

Hello,

So I've managed to replaced DRLs today

IMG 6481 copy

and now planning on matching the dips. Atm that's what it looks like:

IMG 6484

What bulbs would you recommend to get a nice match ?

Thanks

how many are needed 3 or 4 per side ?

I thought there was 3 per side ah well 4 all in it is
Cheers

guys im looking to buy this a4, i noticed the standard drl bulbs are not very bright. Do you think there is something wrong, bulbs blown or something?

129853265.400.jpg

are you sure you have your DRLs actually on? On your pic you just have your sidelights on + fogs

sorry im new to Audi lol Are you saying the DRL dims down to pretty much nothing when the headlights or foglights are on?

Then when you switch headlights or fogs off the DRL gets really bright again?

sorry im new to Audi lol Are you saying the DRL dims down to pretty much nothing when the headlights or foglights are on?

Then when you switch headlights or fogs off the DRL gets really bright again?

the DRL on your pic are not even on - call these half-DRLs or just sidelights :)