Haldex service wheelspin

lee s3

top gear
Reaction score
Hi all

Picked up the s3 yesterday, decent history etc. haldex was serviced by Audi 1000 miles ago. Getting quite a bit of wheelspin and traction light flashing when pushing it. Could the pump need cleaning as I’ve heard they don’t do this?

Chances are they just replaced the oil and didn’t clean the filter, lots of posts about it on here ….

^This

Even if the Haldex pump is taken apart and the filter gauze is cleaned now, the Haldex pump may be toast. I really don’t understand why Audi don’t clean the gauze - the Haldex pump must be one of the most replaced parts on quattro models and on a par with EA888 Gen 3 thermostats....

^This

Even if the Haldex pump is taken apart and the filter gauze is cleaned now, the Haldex pump may be toast. I really don’t understand why Audi don’t clean the gauze - the Haldex pump must be one of the most replaced parts on quattro models and on a par with EA888 Gen 3 thermostats....
New pump isn’t the end of the world. At least I know it’s done then. I did take it out just now, seemed to be no wheelspin accelerating through second up to the limiter but the tc was flashing