Haldex Service Interval

Rob C

Audi Owner
I always though the Haldex service interval on the S3's was every 40,000 miles and it was an oil and filter change.

I have rang my local Audi garage and they are all telling me that it is every 3 years regardless of the mileage and only the oil needs changing.

Can anyone confirm this is now correct?

Smirky

Should say in your service book in the front section

prt57

I asked this a couple of months ago at Birmingham Audi and they said only the oil and not a filter for my '07 S3

M

mjr901

Change it at 40k and if you have a pre gen 4 car, change the filter.

Rob C

Audi Owner
Change it at 40k and if you have a pre gen 4 car, change the filter.

Thanks for this, I have a 2007 (57 Plate) S3 so am I right in thinking this has a Gen 2 Haldex and should therefore change the filter as well?

Davjon747

2011 S3 8p sportback sprint blue
I always though the Haldex service interval on the S3's was every 40,000 miles and it was an oil and filter change.

I have rang my local Audi garage and they are all telling me that it is every 3 years regardless of the mileage and only the oil needs changing.

Can anyone confirm this is now correct?
I have a 2011 s3 with the milage at 35423 when serviced to weeks ago a they said my Haldex was due a oil change ( no filter mentioned or changed) just said was due has a full main dealer service history and only told now so would say it's on milage as would have been over 40.000 miles if left to next service. Cost Inc labour £69.00

ckl139

Hi old thread I know, but am looking at models with haldex...potentially S3s

Can anyone confirm if its mileage based e.g. every 40k or time ?