1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

Haldex issues

Ian Whiffen Feb 25, 2018

1. Ian Whiffen

Ian Whiffen Well-Known Member

Done 40k in my S1 now. Just over 3 years old and it's now decided it wants to be front wheel drive only. The wheelspin is phenomenal but it's not doing the tyres any favours lol. It's not the inner cv joint so had a diagnostic done and it came up with this:
    Uo43200 invalid data received from multi axis sensor module
    Not sure if this would affect the Haldex but going to get them to bench test the electric pump for the Haldex

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. josedebardi

josedebardi Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Team Panther Audi RS3

Haldex pump failure is common on your age S1. Definitely get it fixed for free under good will as only just out of warranty and it’s a known problem. There is a serial number sequence they fixed it at, I’ll see if I can find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Whiffen likes this.
  4. josedebardi

Fixed pump serials are higher than 06616882

Ian Whiffen likes this.
  5. Ian Whiffen

Cheers Jose. I did pop into my local Audi to ask about the fault code but they stayed tight lipped and said I had to book it into them for a diagnostic. The warranty ran out in the middle of January and it was spinning at the front before then a bit

6. josedebardi

Given you are taking about a matter of days then get forceful and involve Audi UK early. You should be fine to get it sorted FOC if it is the pump and in the faulty serial range.

Ian Whiffen likes this.
  7. Ian Whiffen

Thanks I will pop in there today. Still in the rs3?

8. josedebardi

You can see the serial just by sticking your head under the back of the car, so if it’s not with them now you can confirm yourself.

No, chopped it in back in June for an M240i Convertible - S1 money, RS3 performance, and the roof goes down! I am missing Quattro a bit with the current weather tho!!

Ian Whiffen likes this.
  9. Ian Whiffen

So am I LMAO. Yeah my nephew loves a Beemer. He has 2 old 3 series he is learning to drift in. He is going to Rockingham in 2 weeks for a drift weekend

10. josedebardi

Haha! At least you don’t get brown trouser sideways moments!!

I’ve never done the drift thing, though have a few mates that have E36’s and regularly go to drift days. It does look like fun, but I fear if I got that good at it I’d be tempted to do it a bit too often and not always in the safe confines of the track!

Ian Whiffen likes this.
  11. Ian Whiffen

Yeah 2 people we know regularly go drifting round the streets, both ex professional i might add lol

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Ian Whiffen

All sorted now. Haldex pump had failed. Thanks to Kent Automotive in Maidstone for fixing it. Was a bit hairy in front wheel drive

14. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Panther Team Silver Audi RS4 saloon Audi S4 Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

Was it caused by your driving style.

Ian Whiffen likes this.
  15. Ian Whiffen

Nah mate. I drive like a country vicar, you know that.

16. lfcrule1972

lfcrule1972 Winter is coming... Team Mythos TFSI Owners Group Audi S1 quattro

Mine had a Haldex service/oil change at it's 3 year service last week, had only done 19k miles but didn't want to take any chances...

Gralegav likes this.