HALDEX HELP!!!!!

Merlinpurples3bob

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been at the receiving end of your great advice in the past but this time it's needed more than ever......I've just had my car diagnosed and it came up as the haldex, but I've been told it's the wiring side of things. Apparently I need a repair kit at the cost of £840! (Without labour!!) It's no bigger than a spark plug!! The part number is obr 598-554c and just wondered if there was anywhere that i could get it cheaper as that's direct from Audi! Thanks for any help guys......if anyone can help its you lot!!!

Mines on a 60 plate so not sure if it's p2 or 3? That's the part number tho pal and it says it's the controller on my printout.....sorry I forgot to mention that in my shock Just feeling Audi prices are insane at time!!!

Yep 8P3 then.
Have a scan on ebay should get one for £200-£300.
Should be fairly easy to fit too tbh

Tried to see what's on ebay but they don't seem to have any 8p controllers. Loads of full diffs for sale tho. I don't think I'm gonna get the part any cheaper at this rate. Seems to be main dealer only.......

Try looking harder lol
Ebay item no.111943219685

I take it your S3 is merlin purple!.....Sweet:wub:

How the hell did you find that?! I'm crap with computer stuff so I'd have no chance of finding it on my own!! Just need to see if it will be the right one for my car now. I'll message him and find out.
Yeah pal it's merlin purple. Needs a machine polish tho!!!

Haha experience!
It's the right part number mate so should be good to go....new as well!
Put some pics up, it's a nice rare car you have there.

You've saved me a fortune there matey if it's the right one. Don't see why not with the part numbers the same! How do I post pics?! I'll put some pics on when I work out how......

No problem mate.
You need to host them on a site like photobucket and then link to them in your post.
The picture then appears in your post...simples!

I'll try and link it Up so can get some pics up then. I've just heard back off the seller and he says it's only for 2012 onwards so won't work. Even tho it's the same part number?!

It's your call mate but if it's the correct part number for your car, it's the correct one for your car simple as that

That's what I thought. He's saying that they've given me the wrong number and mines a gen 2 haldex......

No the 8P3 (I. e. Facelift with led drl's) is gen 4 mate
8P2 was gen 2

Reactions: SL11CKK
That's mine then. It must be the same haldex as the 8v in that case? He says it's strictly for 2012 onwards but the part number is definitely the same. I'm trying to get pics up but it's not straight forward haha

Haha yeah if your a technophobe it can be confusing at first.
I think the 8V is gen 5 tbh

If it's gen 4 then it must be the one. It's all on computer and the printout says the same part number so I think I'll try it. I'd rather take the advice of people on this forum than an eBay seller to be honest!!

This is mine, if the pic works......

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    636.2 KB · Views: 115
The OBR prefix signifies it as a gen 4, my part number is prefixed with OBR according to vcds and mines a 59 plate.

Thanks pal! I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I'd never seen one in that colour before so it's what emptied my bank account You sound like you know your **** with this stuff so I'm gonna get it and if it's wrong then I can always sell it on at some point. Can't see how it's any different tho. Everything matches up

I can see why, it's stunning mate.
Plenty of info around to put your mind at ease regards the gen 4. Have a search don't just take my word for it

Cheers mate. i do like the sportbacks too but I don't need one, perfect family car tho and then goes like a train when you're alone I've bought the part no so we'll soon see what happens! I've searches around and it's the same part number from 09-2013 so I can't see any issues. Can't wait to have the 4wd back!!!

Cool I'm sure it'll be fine.
3rd sportback for me. Perfect blend of size and practicality. It does everything I want/need. Wish it was purple though lol

Yeah they're awesome all round cars! I'm tempted to go stage 1 later in the year but then keep thinking it's quick enough as it is so we'll see......

Then stage 2.....then 2+.... haha

Reactions: Merlinpurples3bob
Thanks pal Keeping it clean is a nightmare!! not as much of a nightmare as this haldex problem tho! To be fair I knew it wasn't going to be a cheap car to Maintain when I got it so I can't complain!!