Haldex fluid, shelf life?

A19quattro

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the self life should be for Haldex oil. I was surprised I must admit how old it was, must have done my car in 2012 so that is what it was dated, I assume manufacture date rather than use by. When I opened it up and started to pour the first bit was watrry then remainder a bit on the lumpy side. Anyone know if this is normal, I haven't thrown it away yet so I suppose can it be rectified/used or should I just chuck it? I bought a new one for the Wife's car and have done the job so when I will need another bottle, who knows, just hate throwing unused things away.

It should not be like that (no lumps or water), personally I would chuck it, as it's cheaper to buy new oil v the cost of a new haldex unit. Also from what I've read haldex oil is hygroscopic, think that is one of the reasons it needs to be changed.

Yeah, that's the way I have been feeling, it's annoying though considering how much it costs, it's a bit like tyres, they should be throw away but sometimes you feel you need a mortgage :)