Haldex compatibility

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've got a haldex controller I'm planning on fitting but have realised that the "new" controller is the flat gasket type where as the old one is the one with the rubber o ring looking at part number the last letter are different both are from a s3 is there any reason why it won't fit or would it just be a case of a revised part anyone come across this when changing there's ?

I think they depend on if the car has esp or not. I believe the one with o-rings in non-esp and the gasket one is esp. Don't hold me on that though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I hope it fits it just the mechanic had my old one of a while ago and he s end to think the old one looks different fingers crossed it works

Spoke to a parts place today and you are correct 02D900554B (with o rings) is non esp and 02D900554c and 02D900554D are esp and these two are interchangeable and look identical

Can the haldex be changed on axle stands or will you need more room

I don't see why you couldn't change it on axle stands, just get it as high as possible and get some help.

Spoke to a parts place today and you are correct 02D900554B (with o rings) is non esp and 02D900554c and 02D900554D are esp and these two are interchangeable and look identical

Can the haldex be changed on axle stands or will you need more room

Yeah easily. I changed the whole rear end on axle stands. Changing the Haldex controller is fairly simple if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was planning to do it at weekend but the rain was terrible so hopefully I can get it done this week

So went to fit it today and noticed I broke the connector plug on the side how easy are these to change hopefully il find the other piece and glue it back if not il change it over from the old one

There's a guide on VW Vortex to rewiring the plugs

Used to have loads of pics, but don't know if removed or its my crappy < 3G signal

Right according to parts for German cars my chassis number says I should have haldex part number 02d900554d (which I bought) but vag com tells me my current haldex unit is 02d900554b which I'm told is the early non esp model so my question is would this be why I never had 4wd If it's the wrong one and how can tell which one I should have

Last edited:
Right according to parts for German cars my chassis number says I should have haldex part number 02d900554d (which I bought) but vag com tells me my current haldex unit is 02d900554b which I'm told is the early non esp model so my question is would this be why I never had 4wd If it's the wrong one and how can tell which one I should have

Did you get to the bottom of this @Tj 0785 ?

I did I can’t remember which one I went for sorry I know that doesn’t help you