Hail damage....grrr

msdmjb

Reaction score
Just had a monumental mediterranean hail storm come through which has damaged both my S3 and the wife's car. Few dimples in the S3's A pillar, couple of dimples above the side windows, approx 15 dimples on the bonnet and maybe 30 dimples on the roof. Hail storm probably lasted maybe 5mins and I have never seen hail stones like it, the air temp had dropped more than 10degs in less than 10mins. How the glass in the car didn't break I have no idea.

Anybody had any experience of what to do next? Normal insurance repair or take to a 'dent wizard' type establishment? Can you reliably pull dents in the roof of a car? Or do i just leave it be and put it down to experience as obviously the car will still work fine?

Thanks all

Just had a monumental mediterranean hail storm come through which has damaged both my S3 and the wife's car. Few dimples in the S3's A pillar, couple of dimples above the side windows, approx 15 dimples on the bonnet and maybe 30 dimples on the roof. Hail storm probably lasted maybe 5mins and I have never seen hail stones like it, the air temp had dropped more than 10degs in less than 10mins. How the glass in the car didn't break I have no idea.

Anybody had any experience of what to do next? Normal insurance repair or take to a 'dent wizard' type establishment? Can you reliably pull dents in the roof of a car? Or do i just leave it be and put it down to experience as obviously the car will still work fine?

Thanks all
Was this in the UK?

Nope, southern France.
Wanted to wake up this morning and discover I had dreamt it all but no still dimply :(

Claim it via the insurance. We had a similar freak storm around 2 years ago here in Malta. Hail the size of small stones. It caused massive damage to cars, one of my friends had his 4 year old Mazda nearly written off due to the damage it incurred. My old car was hit as well, luckily I was parked under a high wall which shielded my car. Still at the end of the day had around 50 dents which were repaired by a company specializing in these repairs and all repairs were paid by the insurance

Recently visited a stratstone Ferrari event in England 70 Ferrari's 4 LaFerrari's one being an Aperta, included in that event all convoying round the town. Had a similar freak storm there and luckily managed to just get back to the car in time. Was seriously worried about it being damaged back then too but luckily got away with it.

Poor Ferrari's

I've seen it in the past where someone has managed to get the hail dents to pop back out by gently applying heat to the area, but I'd recommend the insurance claim or dent doctor route myself!.

We were at Lac Lucern about 10 years ago and had near golf ball sized hail come down.

One guy drove his car through the (open) supermarket doors and it to the veg aisle to protect it!

We were in an E class Merc Estate and whilst being VERY slightly dented on the roof, it was in remarkably good form given the Alfa parked next to it lost the front screen!

Reactions: richinsoton
Sounds like a job for a PDR guy.

Seem to remember a PDR guy from another forum saying that a load of cars waiting to be delivered were damaged in a hail storm and he - and other PDR guys - was asked to go over to fix them.