Haggling for an A5

Paranoid69

Reaction score
I've done a little searching around and found plenty of threads about how people go about getting a discount on purchase of a new car from a dealer, but not so much on how much people are finding they can knock the price of an approved used down.

I'm considering an A5, Sline, Auto, 3.0tdi, would like the S-tronic gearbox, and obviously as many toys as I can. Looking to spend £15k to £20k, and chopping in my '06my, 120kmile, A4 2.0tfsi, Sline, Avant, Quattro, Auto.

So I'd be grateful of anyone's experience of negotiating a deal with a stealer, what sort of amount you got off the window price, how much your tradein compared to the book price, which options you'd sacrifice in order to get a better price and which you'd say were essential.

I.

This looks like a real good one: http://www.inchcapeaudi.com/vehicles/22103/audi-a5-coupe-3.0-tdi-quattro-s-line.aspx
Plus you know its most likely to be a good car with it being for sale with Audi, And you will also get 1 years warranty with it too.
It has the ABT bodykit on and 20" Wheels and quite allot of spec.
Dont expect to get allot knocked off the price of the car and dont expect a great deal for part ex either.. Just push them as much as you can.

Yes I've seen that one and it's not too far from me so I'll be able to go see it.
Also thought the wheels looked bigger than the 18 inch it says in the write up :)
Just goes to show you also need to check that the spec quoted matches the car.

Yeah its a really nice car that, i had a search around for what you would like and that one seemed to out stand the rest.
I think the rest of spec listed is correct but yep they are 20" Audi wheels.
I also don't think you will get allot off it because somebody somewhere will really want that car because it is has the ABT bodykit + exhausts, its not like you see an ABT everyday.

Ok, so excuse my ignorance, but the kit is an Audi option? Guessing so as I don't think I've seen any cars on an Audi forecourt with obvious aftermarket parts.

I've been looking at that for a bit now and love it, only thing with it will be the ride will be harsh on the 20" wheels, and it'll cost you close to £1100 to replace the tyres!!!!

If it was on 19's I would jump on it....

You are right £1150 for a set of dunlops what it is running now from ATS.
They will probably only last 20k at the very max depending on how you drive it too.
I wouldn't say the ride would be harsh but it wouldn't be very good, it also depends on that bothers you and you would sacrifice the ride for the 20". Also if you live in the Northwest where i do the roads are just atrocious, in other areas they are very good.
If you are interested in the car then take it for a test drive for a day and see what you think. I always take a car for a long test drive before i buy because i want to know that it is fine for me.

They really cant be as bad as Manchester area ! You kerb your wheels falling down them it hasn't happened on this car touch wood. And one of them even made a bubble in my sons tyre !