Facelift Had the worst experience ever !

mike price

Reaction score
So guys if you have seen my posts relating to my S3 having issues you will know the disappointment i have had since the start.

Brief re-cap on events.

Picked the car up 30th November,

17th Of December light comes on dash (Contact workshop) turn car off turn back on light goes away, contact Audi to let them know, they said its fine as-long as the light has gone off, so proceeded to use the car.

20th Light came back on, so called Audi assist and came up Coding for cruise control fault, car was deemed not suitable for use and was picked up and taken to My local dealer.

21st December get a call basically telling me they have evidence the car has been tampered with and that they need to investigate more. Was shocked and stunned to hear this as i have not touched or modified the car in anyway at this point. Told them i have not touched the car and that they was wrong for accusing me before they carried out there checks ! Car eventually came back as not been tampered with and i was compensated. Re-coded the car and gave it me back 5th January.

14th February Light back on, same issue as before, Audi assist attended the car and again deemed it unsafe to use. Car was collected next day and taken to dealer, Car was thoroughly investigated and Audi Uk was involved i believe, Checked battery in case that was dipping in power and not giving the necessary vaults to each module, ecu. Came back fine so re-coded the car again and used the car for a week to make sure was ok. Collected car 18th February.

25th February Light back on, Audi assist back out, same code Again, once again could not use the car and final straw for me, handed the car back and now waiting to hear whats going to happen, My dealer does not want to pay for a replacement which i guess is right and want Audi UK to pay for it but while we wait for a answer im in limbo and still paying for a car i dont have.

Just at a loss with the whole situation, i sold a Brand new A45 AMG to go back in a S3 just wished i stuck with it now.

15541207 10154903218111318 218667488344058762 n
15681645 10154909654046318 1411265304 o
15696220 1384015228284946 544050877 o
16684106 10155086962061318 9132298257103379467 n

To be honest, regardless of "who has to pay" that has little consequence to you.

I'd be getting the ball well and truly rolling towards rejection of the car at this point (to be fair I'd have done it the 2nd time the fault occurred).

Find out who the dealer principal is for your dealership and go straight to them, use a lot of words like "disappointing" and "badly reflecting audi as a premium brand", I assure you it will be resolved quickly.

I tried to reject my first facelift A4 (2012) but was getting nowhere after a lot of argument from my dealership. I then proceeded to involve Audi Uk and the dealer principal and an agreement was formed within a week.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Under the new trading standards law can you not reject a car for a reoccurring fault if the dealer has been unable to fix it after two attempts and the car is less than six months old?

The car has been rejected but i want a replacment, this is whats been sent to Audi UK.

17121752 10155146934651318 1115059730 o

So approach the dealer principal, be firm but reasonable, and inform him (her?) that they have an ultimatum and a deadline, because as the customer you couldn't care less who is forking the bill.

I'd give them a working week to get pen to paper, potentially another week to put you in a courtesy vehicle, and then however long it takes to get you the replacement.

EDIT: Would appear that you should be making an appointment with Shaian Sanati, ASAP. shaian.sanati@sytner.co.uk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Shi is off atm, just want a answer to know if and when i can get a replacement vehicle.

Shi is off atm, just want a answer to know if and when i can get a replacement vehicle.
If it's a factory order, and they don't have one in the system, you could be looking at 3-4 months... some said that 3-doors are looking at upto October aswell. To be honest, they most probably have an order in the system they can 'amend' to get it quicker. It's not good though, and I'd be onto the finance company to say you no longer have the car and to put a stop on it - no way would I be still paying for a car I didn't have!

Reactions: TDI-line and Rob2k68
Audi UK say i needed to speak to the finance company as they legally own the car, so did that they tell me i need to speak to Audi UK !! arghhhhhh becoming a nightmare this.

All i want is a answer, am i having a replacement yes or no and if so when am i getting a replacement if not when do i get a refund.

Reactions: TDI-line and Audi Bairn
Audi UK say i needed to speak to the finance company as they legally own the car, so did that they tell me i need to speak to Audi UK !! arghhhhhh becoming a nightmare this.

All i want is a answer, am i having a replacement yes or no and if so when am i getting a replacement if not when do i get a refund.

You need a rejection report from Audi or whatever they call it, you send that to the finance company and they HAVE to put a stop on the account.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and mike price

Really bugs me when companies in these situations make out that "speaking to the [xxxxx] company" takes weeks.
My response..... well just b****y phone them then.
Had this with patio doors previously (different goods, same principal).
Builder said he'd have to "speak to the manufacturer" and "see when their guy was next over from Ireland" to look at them at our house.
3 weeks down the line, we'd heard nothing despite prompting from us.
Called the company directly who were great and had guys out to inspect within 2 days, diagnose issue, a book a time for remedial work all despite the fact we didn't have a direct contract with them.
Boy was the builder peed off as we'd shown him up.
Morale of the story, just tell the dealer to get their *** in gear or you'll take matters into your own hands (or go legal).
Good luck and hope it works out for you despite the stressful situation.

Really bugs me when companies in these situations make out that "speaking to the [xxxxx] company" takes weeks.
My response..... well just b****y phone them then.
Had this with patio doors previously (different goods, same principal).
Builder said he'd have to "speak to the manufacturer" and "see when their guy was next over from Ireland" romlook at them at our house.
3 weeks down the line, we'd heard nothing despite prompting from us.
Called the company directly who were great and had guys out to inspect within 2 days, diagnose issue, a book a time for remedial work all despite the fact we didn't have a direct contract with them.
Boy was the builder peed off as we'd shown him up.
Morale of the story, just tell the dealer to get their *** in gear or you'll take matters into your own hands (or go legal).
Good luck and hope it works out for you despite the stressful situation.

PS. Audi Customer Care act quickly if you post them on Twitter. Don't like the bad publicity.

Reactions: Steve2016, Mark_86, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
unfortunately the main guy at my local dealer is off as they child is unwell so cant/dont want to harass too much, just want to know whats going on, and when im likely to receive a replacement

Audi customer care dont want to know, they transferred me to the finance company to see if they had a answer and the finance company said it was Audi UK`s decision

That sucks, hope it gets sorted soon (without you having to have a silly Mercedes-Benz again hopefully)

Reactions: Mark_86 and Rob2k68
Hopefully you get it sorted and get back in another one Mike.

Reactions: Mark_86 and Rob2k68
Sorry to hear this is still dragging on Mike, I really hope it's third time lucky and you get some good news in the next couple of days mate.

Reactions: Brasso and Mark_86
Gutted for you mike. Looking forward to hearing you have some good news. Really hope this is soon sorted out without too much more hassle for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless things have changed in the last few years it is up to the dealer alone to resolve this as your contract is with them in terms of supply of faulty goods.

Write to dealer principal rejecting the car and just send a copy to Audi UK and finance (probably Audi UK as well?)

They should be providing you a car to use until your new one arrives. VW dealer did this for me in 2006.

The form of rejection from north wales Audi has been sent i believe now waiting to hear the outcome.

In the mean time they have supplied me with a Vegas yellow A3 tdi hatch so nice of them to do so.

Reactions: TDI-line and Rob2k68
Glad to hear they gave you a car...but sorry to read all of this crap you're going through....I would agree that elevating above the dealer is best as they often act in a compromised way to save their own face at a detriment to the customer....you just want answers now and for it to be sorted....higher levels will more likely give you that quicker....and Twitter/social media complaints could work well also....to save your dealer relationship just apologetically tell the guy whose having his own personal issues that you must elevate the issue to get it resolved quickly...no hard feelings

I agree.

i will give them till thursday if i have not heard anything ill pop down there and sort it.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and PanamaS3
Audi finance are allowed 8 weeks to come to a decision regarding the rejection (I know as I've been through it.) After 8 weeks you can get the ombudsman involved. My rejection took a total of 12 weeks, and at 8 weeks I got the ombudsman involved and once they had contacted Audi finance, the rejection happened very quickly! At that point I was asked what compensation would be acceptable to stop the ombudsman's investigation (happy days)! It was then another 2 months waiting for a new car. but it was worth it in the end as it was reasonable compensation which went on adding extra toys to the new motor.

Don't jump up and down at the dealer as it out of their hand and nothing they say or do will make any difference with Audi finance, even Audi UK were unable to get Audi finance to pull their finger out. You need to be on the phone to your case manager at Audi finance to find out where you are in the rejection process.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, PanamaS3, Flying Scotsman and 2 others
Thank you so much for the advice B5,

Will certainly keep it in mind, see what happens on Thursday when i ask the question.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear this mate, I know what it's like to buy something and then have all the hassle and upset of exchanging it. A car is the second biggest purchase you make (for most) and I can imagine that you have had rather a few sleepless nights worrying about it all. It gives you a sinking feeling in the guts...I hope it all gets sorted for you sooner rather than later ;)

Another member on here (Daz) had a similar problem, he waited for months to get his sorted but they gave him an S1 free of charge until it was, may be worth having a word with him!?! These are his threads:

Part 1: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...g-car-in-engine-blows-up.265533/#post-2691083

Part 2: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/engine-blown-up-at-874-miles-part-2-update.267241/

The result: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/finally-picked-my-my-facelift-sepang-blue-s3-saloon.310593/

Reactions: PanamaS3
Audi customer care dont want to know, they transferred me to the finance company to see if they had a answer and the finance company said it was Audi UK`s decision
Says it all about the brand really, doesn't it?

Getting the impression more and more from this forum that these days Audi UK customer service couldn't give a toss.

It's not about that to be fair, Audi UK cannot help. VW finance have to follow a set procedure for rejections, and they are allowed 8 week to complete this, and no matter how much you complain or shout at Audi customer service (I started doing that after 6 weeks, as I was getting sick of it) they cannot speed things up. VW have to follow the rules set out by the FCA, sure they can accept the faults on the car and then process the rejection but they have to show they have investigated each complaint and have the correct documentation (That takes about 3 weeks minimum). Sure if it takes longer than the 8 weeks get the ombudsman involved as that increase the priority of the case.

Reactions: mike price and richinsoton
Just a quick update guys,

Audi have finally given the go ahead for a replacement vehicle, was initially told would have the car June this year but unfortunately due to a problem building the 3 doors its now more likely to be Christmas.

In the meantime they have given me a Audi a5 2.0 tdi to use, they did say they will try and put me back in my old car but i took this as a insult after all its the car me and Audi north wales rejected and had 4 times to try and resolve with no luck.

My car payments however remain and have been told on a few occasions i can not stop the payments. So frustrating paying for a car i dont physically own.

Anyway guys i just have to stay positive and hope this new one is a joy to own and not become a headache like my last.

Reactions: Benji34, TDI-line, Rob2k68 and 3 others
Nightmare Mike, hope you get fully resolved soon mate.
I'd be looking at the fact you're still paying for something you don't have though maybe even take legal advice.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and AudiNutta
Just a quick update guys,

Audi have finally given the go ahead for a replacement vehicle, was initially told would have the car June this year but unfortunately due to a problem building the 3 doors its now more likely to be Christmas.

In the meantime they have given me a Audi a5 2.0 tdi to use, they did say they will try and put me back in my old car but i took this as a insult after all its the car me and Audi north wales rejected and had 4 times to try and resolve with no luck.

My car payments however remain and have been told on a few occasions i can not stop the payments. So frustrating paying for a car i dont physically own.

Anyway guys i just have to stay positive and hope this new one is a joy to own and not become a headache like my last.

I've had replacement vehicle suggested to me after mine has gone in again too.

Apparently they normally let you keep paying, then effectively give you a brand new car with your agreement part paid? So the settlement stays lower with the car worth more? Is that how it works?

I wouldn't be happy with an A5, a nice car but not the S3 you are paying for! Push for an S3 loan car, I'm in one now from Audi UK.

I've been offered two choices really, attempt to reject the car or more likely to claim a fair sum of money as an apology.

The new car doesn't bother me, I love mine :( But, if I sold it on at the end of the year I'd be 12 months into an agreement with a new car, equity!!?

Sorry to hear about all this hassle. It must be draining!

Have to say though, as sad as it is, your car looked superb on those alloys! Even if it was on the back of a truck! I love the 3 door S3. Still the best looking IMO.

Reactions: Benji34 and Rob2k68
Thanks everyone.

Yeah the A5 is a lovely car but certainly no S3 .

and your right i guess the payments will remain but will have good equity in my replacement once i receive it

Reactions: AudiNutta, TDI-line and Rob2k68